Stat of the Day!

DFA: Pho, Sea, SDR
    Roster:
    Export:

Offseason SIM 6 FRI 7/12 AM Free Agency 5 Feb 10 to ST
    Spring Training SIM 1 SUN 7/14 AM Spring Training 1
    Spring Training SIM 2 MON 7/15 AM Spring Training 2
    Opening Day WED 7/17 AM

Locked up Branum and Braunscheidel. Have those two and Jermaine on the payroll next year for a combined $8.8 million. Excite.

Comment

I brought back Ron Thornton on a cheaper deal than he was going to get in arbitration. I'm just too sentimental to see him go, I guess. I don't think I have room on my team for anyone else, so that'll do it for this offseason. I'm ready to see what this group can do.
      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
        I brought back Ron Thornton on a cheaper deal than he was going to get in arbitration. I'm just too sentimental to see him go, I guess. I don't think I have room on my team for anyone else, so that'll do it for this offseason. I'm ready to see what this group can do.
        I'll go out on a limb, and say... You'll finish first in your division, and make the playoffs... Pretty bold, but I'm confident!
        GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
        Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
        Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
        Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Seattle picked up two lefties in SP Manabu Hamada and CL Kevin Hurley.

I had been negotiating with Hamada since the first FA sim. As other teams filled needs the available money started to dry up and I was almost tempted to just wait until the demands dropped a lot more. However, entering the Free Agency with $50M+ and LHSP being our biggest need, the off-season would have been a "loss" if some mystery team had snuck in and signed him this sim. I might have been the only one bidding anything close to this high but I'll take solace in knowing that this wasn't the highest I had offered Hamada during the FA process.

Hurley was a bit of a surprise to sign because it was the only offer I made to him. With LHRP being our second biggest need, I'm pleased he was willing to take a number a bit lower than his demand. Lucky for Seattle, the other two LHRPs Jensen and Wireman, both signed this sim as well.

Without changing our budgets, the Pilots have about $20M left to spend. However, $15M of that is cash and I might add seats.
          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by PaulC View Post

I'll go out on a limb, and say... You'll finish first in your division, and make the playoffs... Pretty bold, but I'm confident!
            I like it.
            Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

That's a real good price for Hamada.

Philly overpaid for Paul. Maybe he'll be good.

How did Indy get Branum and Braunscheidel to sign those extensions? Did he kidnap their mothers and hold them at gunpoint?
              Maine Guides
              General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
              Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
              Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
              Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
              8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
              30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by Z View Post

How did Indy get Branum and Braunscheidel to sign those extensions? Did he kidnap their mothers and hold them at gunpoint?
                Don’t worry, Porter and Bess are about to bend me over and take the money I saved on those two extensions.

In all seriousness, Branum came out asking for that exact deal and Braunscheidel only wanted 2 years, so I’m elated. Having those two and Williams locked up cheap long term should be a tremendous advantage as long as I don’t make any catastrophic decisions, which is entirely possible.

Comment

Just as a reminder, I think this is the last sim where you can change your Scouting and Player Development budgets, and that those will be locked when the new file is loaded tomorrow morning. So, if you've been messing around with those, make sure they are at the levels that you want for this coming season when you export.
                  Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by Z View Post

Those extensions look way, way below market value... Nice work!
                    GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
                    Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
                    Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
                    Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Working...
                    X