Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Sim 25

Coaches should be all signed.

Hyundai still has a chance to catch Los Lunas. If you guys are interested, I'll update you on that race live, like I did for the playoffs. That would be on Tuesday night.

Rosters need to be set back to 25 players by Thursday's sim. That means you need to do it in one of your next two exports. Don't leave this up to me, as I'm just going to take whatever random players and send them down, which could waste some option years you don't want to waste.

1 GAME BACK!

Comment

Joe Saltines is up to 78 errors on the season for Pittsburgh. No offense JJ, but you should be fired. I really hope you get back into it next season.

Comment

Had a feeling this was coming. 2-4, only a four game lead. Got 7 to go but 3 games against Davenport. If they sweep, it's a 1 game lead with 4 left.

Then if we make the playoffs, I think Wilmington has owned us this year.

Also I'm not sure but it seems like Carolina has owned us as well. The good news? McEvoy 25 wins for the season, Simmons 50 saves. I'm hoping we can at least take one from Davenport and get our 100th win.
        WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
        Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
        Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
        Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
        BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
        Hall of Famers: 4
        Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
        Stout Sluggers: 2
        New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
        You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Ugh, it's not to often you are mad about a 4-2 sim. But, considering my 2 best pitchers LOST to my division rival, and I'm now only 1 game up, I'm a little mad.

Bright side is that Guardamangi got his 20th win, hopefully helping his case for Pale Ale Pitcher of the Year.

We've got 7 games left with two very tough teams, Denver and Hartford. I still like our chances, but this is going to be an interesting finish.
          Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
            Joe Saltines is up to 78 errors on the season for Pittsburgh. No offense JJ, but you should be fired. I really hope you get back into it next season.
            Yeah, it's just the losing that's getting me not into it anymore...It's kind of ridiculous how much I suck.

Comment

I also think it's funny that as bad as I am, I still have 2 legitimate MVP candidates as far as numbers are concerned.

Comment

Well, I'll officially be over .500 again, but no where near the playoffs. Kind of a disappointing season, I was hoping to make a run.

On the bright side, it looks like Tim Murcott has the IL Batting Race pretty much wrapped up, barring a complete collapse. He's been a huge surprise for me this season. Of course, Kellum isn't going to qualify, so that's a big reason.

I was hoping Ponte would pick up some more Ws, but he's stuck on 17, that will probably cost him a chance at Pale Ale Pitcher.
                Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic

Also I'm not sure but it seems like Carolina has owned us as well.
                  By my count I'm 12-8 against you this season. Is there a report anywhere in this game thas has a standings breakdown by individual team? Seems like there was always a grid in past versions that should how each team did against each other.
                  Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Bats are now only three games above .500. I really don't want to drop below.

On the bright side, there are a few call-ups that are making names for themselves:

RF - John McElhaney is hitting .333 with an .802 OPS, and eight stolen bases.

C - Leonel Bereda is hitting only .263 with an .691 OPS, but that is about on-par to what I have had from the catcher position the whole year but Bereda is rated an 8 for fielding. Plus, he is only 26.

MR - Roberto Degarcia had a bad first outing giving up four in .1 innings, but since then has only given up 3 in 9.1 innings.

All are going to stay on the opening day roster for next season.
                    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Went 6-1, now only 1 GAME BACK (in case you didn't read that note above). Went 2-1 vs. Los Lunas (got completely blown out in the 3rd game), then swept Sin City. Finish off with 3 vs. Dallas (67-88 ) and 4 vs. Denver (82-73). Going down to the wire robster!

Comment

7-0 this week, sweeping Pittsburgh and Pawtucket. The Guides are rolling right now so hopefully it carries over into the playoffs. We also became the first 100 game winner in the BLB. \:D/

I'll be posting the Awards voting procedures soon. Basically, voting will run from Tuesday to Tuesday.

Comment

I must say, congrats Pawtucket. Going from 69 wins to 84 so far... great turnaround!

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn
                            Originally posted by Andrew
                            Yeah, it's just the losing that's getting me not into it anymore...It's kind of ridiculous how much I suck.
                            But you could still take the 2 minutes to change 2 positions so your outfielder doesn't play SS anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rubisco43
                              But you could still take the 2 minutes to change 2 positions so your outfielder doesn't play SS anymore.
                              Seriously. I wonder how many runs those 78 errors have cost him. This is also the time of year when rebuilding teams should be calling their young guys up and seeing what they have for next year. IMO, there should still be plenty to do even with your major league team out of contention.

Comment

Working...
                              X