• 2035 Regular Season 1 SIM Complete - Next SIM Fri 11/29

Next SIM - Fri 11/29

- Files due by 6am ET | 3am PT
    - File is up; HTML to follow

Stat of the Day!

DFA:
    Roster:
    Export:

Phoenix is open. Jig was just too busy with work and family to continue. We thank him for playing and will be looking for a new owner come 2035. Please direct all possible interest to the forums.

Thanks!

We're off to a 3-3 start in DC, with all the games coming at home. We lost the series to Carolina but rebounded to beat Philadelphia in the final two games to even our record for the week.

Good News - My three best hitters (by OPS) this week were de Jong, Graves and Eckels. I need the young guys to step up, and they did in week one, all having OPS over 1.000.

Reggie Chao looked great in 3.2 innings of relief. As a whole, the bullpen wasn't great, but it wasn't a disaster either.

Bad News - Starting 3B Jamie Waldron was injured and is gone for six weeks. That's our third important player lost to a lengthy injury in the past two sims. Pat Smith will likely take his spot on the roster, but I haven't completely decided that. Smith is below average at 3B, but he did hit .342 with 24 HRs and 100 RBI in AAA last season. There's some other options, but I wasn't planning to do so much roster shuffling to begin the year.

Star CF Bert Garza hit .200 and looked terrible in the field, putting up a -0.4 WAR through 6 games.
    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Thanks for the live sim Matt !

Seattle goes 4-2 hosting Denver/Windy City, losing both games (3-4, 3-5) with blown saves by AJ Ingle. He turned 39 this January and has started to show a bit of decline but he did post a 4.6 WAR in 91 IP last year. We are really counting on him to be solid back there after losing Hurley, Korey and Crawl to FA.

Stars of the sim were CF Dave Knox and SP Danny Ley. Knox hit two home runs and had a team leading 1.013 OPS. It was his only two hits but the 27-year-old rookie is going to see playing time in the outfield because of his defense. Ley pitched eight scoreless innings, giving up just one hit, one walk, while striking out five. The 23-year-old has big shoes to fill in the rotation after Stokes/Borchers left in FA and Sellers was traded, but Ley, who had his 2nd career BLB start, is technically Seattle's #2 SP.

Last edited by Pat; 11-28-2019, 10:00 AM.
      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Working...
      X