• 2035 Regular Season SIM 6 Complete - Next SIM Mon 12/9

Next SIM - Mon 12/9

- Files due by 6am ET | 3am PT
    - File is up; HTML to follow

Stat of the Day!

DFA: BAL, BAT
    Roster:
    Export: LAD, WIL, WC

Phoenix is open. Jig was just too busy with work and family to continue. We thank him for playing and will be looking for a new owner come 2035. Please direct all possible interest to the forums.

Thanks!
    Philly Freedom
    Owner & GM: 1987 - Pres.
    Porter Div. Champs (Mbr '84-'15): 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1991, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2011
    Stout Div. Champs (Mbr '78-'83 & '16-present): 2016, 2017
    IL Wild Card Winner: 1987, 2013, 2018, 2019
    Import League Champs: 1984, 2010, 2017

Thanks Brad!

Seattle hosted Batavia and DC, splitting the series against the Red Jackets 2-2 and going 2-1 vs. the Bats. Anytime you can get a winning record vs. the Stout, you take it.

Unfortunately, some bad news on the injury front. Setup man Tom McGuffin had a setback and his recovery is unknown. After all the FA departures, he was supposed to take on a larger role but has been out since 5/13 with no timetable for return. Then after a month auditioning the reliever that emerged from my crowded minor leaguers on BLB options was veteran Dan Bradford. We optioned his $600k salary and he posted a 3.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP in 15 IP before tearing his elbow, out nine months. It probably marks the end for Bradford who had a great run as a SP in California and Kansas City before bouncing around the league as a reliever.

Tom Stark continues his hot streak and is now pacing .290/.883 and an 8.0 WAR. He's also behind only Carolina superstar Rory Elia for defensive stats. On the other end of the deal, Windy City is in first place, SP Tom Sellers has a 3.14 ERA and on pace for career best 3.6 WAR, RL CF Jeremy Allen is on pace for a 4.9 WAR and 54 SBs and SS J.R. Dojojo is hitting .278 in Single-A.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

3-4 for the Bats. Our first losing sim of the year? We split 4 games with the Dinos before losing 2/3 in Seattle. A lot of close games this week, as 5 were decided by one-run, and we went 2-3 in those games, 0-2 in extra innings.

Star of the week at the plate was (again) Killian Pena, who hit .480. Our big acquisition last offseason is now leading the league in AVG (.373) and RBI (32) and is on pace for 10.2 WAR. Justin Babbage is on the Top Players list for the first time, he hit .423 this week.

Unfortunately, about half my lineup didn't show up at all this week. Tony Rivera had been a nice story at catcher, but he was cold. Good news- Josh Allen is healthy again and will go back to being the starter every day at that spot. 1B Robby Caddell is slumping in May. So, Pat Graves will return to the BLB and get time. I've also waived 4th OF Fred Penfield and the recently re-acquired Ron Thornton will head to our BLB roster. I've gotten absolutely nothing from my backups in the outfield, so hopefully the familiar face of Thornton can at least provide something of value.
      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Working...
      X