Arbitration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbitration?

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I don't really understand how this works, and I've played a few single player seasons.

I see in contract status that some players 'might be eligible' after the season. What's the rule on when players become eligible for arbitration? If we don't want to offer them arbitration, can we just release them? Is that an option?
    Washington Bats, 2013-

Re: Arbitration?

Originally posted by liquidcrash
    Maybe this is common knowledge, but I don't really understand how this works, and I've played a few single player seasons.

I see in contract status that some players 'might be eligible' after the season. What's the rule on when players become eligible for arbitration? If we don't want to offer them arbitration, can we just release them? Is that an option?
    Players are offered Arbitration when they have between 3 and 6 years of major league experience. It automatically assigns them a game determined 1 year deal based on how good they are. (currently uses ratings, not stats)

It's important to understand how service time works. 172 days = 1 year of major league service. It's only counted during the regular season and doesn't accrue if a player is on the 60 day DL. So if it says "might be eligible" you know he'll be eligible if he has 2 years and 165 days of service time right now, since there are only 7 days remaining in the regular season. Anything less than that, they will get automatically renewed for the league minimum.

To not offer arbitration, you can release them as soon as the regular season ends.

Comment

Thanks
      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
        [
        To not offer arbitration, you can release them as soon as the regular season ends.
        Do we just release these players directly or are we supposed to waive them first and then release them once they have cleared waivers?

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman
          Do we just release these players directly or are we supposed to waive them first and then release them once they have cleared waivers?
          I think you should just release them directly. No reason to pass them through waivers. The season is over so you shouldn't owe them anything else.

Comment

Working...
          X