Scouts Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scouts Question

I've been playing OOTP 2006 pretty much since it came out but haven't used Scouts/Coaches before. When you assign a Scout to scout your organization, how long does this usually take?

I know about the "quick scout" option, but don't particularly like it because you don't get an indepth overview.

So on a regular (full) scouting assignment, how long can I expect this to take?

Also any other tips/advice (without giving away your trade secrets of course 8) ) when it comes to scouting would be appreciated.

Tks
    It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?

Re: Scouts Question

Originally posted by Denver_GM
    I've been playing OOTP 2006 pretty much since it came out but haven't used Scouts/Coaches before. When you assign a Scout to scout your organization, how long does this usually take?

I know about the "quick scout" option, but don't particularly like it because you don't get an indepth overview.

So on a regular (full) scouting assignment, how long can I expect this to take?

Also any other tips/advice (without giving away your trade secrets of course 8) ) when it comes to scouting would be appreciated.

Tks
    I think my head scout takes 12 days to do my entire Organization but it takes longer if you're scouting another team. You can see how long it's going to take them by going to your Team ->Personnel page in the game.

My biggest piece of advice is to regularly scout your organization, especially between seasons. The ratings for older players can change drastically during the offseason.

My biggest complaint is there's no easy way to scout the Free Agents, Upcoming Free Agents or Waivers. You can scout the entire league, but that takes like 6 months. Scouting one at a time only takes a day, but you can only assign him 1 player per week.

Comment

I agree with you on quick scouts, but I do use them occasionally when I'm looking at a trade or a waiver player.

I also scout my organization regularly. In the offseason I scouted each level of the BLB, which took a long time.
      I usually use my top three scouts to get a good idea of how a player is rated. But, since my scouts are close to each other, I can do that.

Other than that, you just have to experiment.
      Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Thanks for the answers gentlemen. Now one more question.

Once he's done scouting do you get a full report you can print/open in browser or do you just get an email type thing?

Cheers
        It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?

Comment

You get an email, and then the player's ratings are automatically updated with the newest reports when you choose the scout that you used.
          Also, you can go to a players' "scouting reports" in the player profile to see a history and an average of that player's reports.
          Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Working...
          X