Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options

http://ootp.oldredboat.com/news/html...ayer_2305.html

I saw a post somewhere that suggested that the game does not keep track of option years correctly in some cases and we should report cases where we believe there have been errors.

As I understand the option rules, players can only use up one option year per season. The player above was on my roster early in the season and I sent him to AAA at the end of the first month or so. I recalled him after rosters expanded but now the game says he is out of options and I can't send him down without waiving him. This doesn't seem right to me.

He has only been on the 40 man roster for 2 years exactly so how could he already be out of options?

There's two separate issues here, and I'm not exactly sure how to approach it.

1) The initial players are created with incorrect number of option years, which seems to be the case here.

2) Newly drafted players seem to lose all their option years.

I'm not sure I can do anything about #1 because we don't really know what happened before 1978 and because it would take a monumental amount of work to correct them all. I'm guessing what happened in this case, is as soon as he completed his 2nd season, it removed his 3rd Option even though it shouldn't do so until the start of next year.

I'll see if I can get some more info.

Comment

Just to elaborate on the problem with "Big Bang" players, here's a situation where he could have used all 3 option years with only 2 years of service time.

He has 4 years in the Pro's

- Not on 40 man roster - no option used
      - Added to 40 man roster in July - 1st option used (1/2 a year of 40 man service accumulated.
      - Starts year on 40 man roster - 2nd option used
      - Gets injured in July, placed on 60 day DL (only 1/2 a year of 40 man service time accumulates since he was on the 60 day DL)
      - Comes off DL and added back to 40 man roster - 3rd option used
      - Stays on 40 man roster the entire year (accumulates a full year of 40 man service time)

At this point he would've accumulated 2 years of service on the 40 man roster, but used all 3 options. However, he shouldn't need to clear waivers until Spring Training ends rather than now. The problem is there's no such thing as an "active roster" during the off season in real life but the game still enforces it.

Comment

There is no way to actually prove it that I know of but I doubt that anything like what you describe actually happened. I think if he had been injured in 1978 and placed on the 60 day DL the injury would show up on the player history but I guess something like that could have happened in 1977. It is odd that the player histories do not include the date a player was added to the 40 man roster. Maybe it is so to make certain there will be plenty of room for useful information like the following:

01-01-1979 SISA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: - (-); Movement: - (-); Control: - (-).

Also, I had intended to just have him up for one sim in early September to serve as mop-up man when my staff was somewhat stressed. But when I tried to demote him after that sim the game said he was out of options (but not earlier in the year when I demoted him). It seems clear to me that the game has charged him with two option years this season in error. It is not a big deal in this case since I don't think he is a significant prospect but if the game is not counting option years correctly it is important for us to understand that and be aware of what remedies if any are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman
          Also, I had intended to just have him up for one sim in early September to serve as mop-up man when my staff was somewhat stressed. But when I tried to demote him after that sim the game said he was out of options (but not earlier in the year when I demoted him). It seems clear to me that the game has charged him with two option years this season in error. It is not a big deal in this case since I don't think he is a significant prospect but if the game is not counting option years correctly it is important for us to understand that and be aware of what remedies if any are available.
          I was thinking that you were trying to demote him now, but with the further explanation it definitely seems like it used 2 options in 1 year. Unfortunately this is just one of those things that we're going to have to live with until OOTP 2007 where it will hopefully be fixed.

Comment

Did you get a chance to manually edit the players who lost option years?

(Jack Dynes)
            Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
            Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
            Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
              Did you get a chance to manually edit the players who lost option years?

(Jack Dynes)
              I'll edit Dynes for Sunday's sim. If there's any others, let me know.

Diesel, shoot me an IM when you get a chance.

Comment

Working...
              X