Offseason Schedule - Important Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Schedule - Important Info

Important Note: For this to run smoothly, people need to clear their DFA list.
    - Keep the list clear of players unless you absolutely need to put them there. If you plan on releasing a player, outright release them, don't put them on DFA.
    - If you're waiting for a player to clear waivers to demote them, post in the waivers forum and I will complete the transaction for you.
    - Unless I hear otherwise, any player who's DFA time expires during a sim will be released. No exceptions.

Here's how the sim schedule will go.
    1) End of Playoffs to Salary Arbitration (mid Nov) - This will give people a chance to release Arbitration eligible players and decline team options.
    2) Salary Arbitration to Rule 5 Draft. The Rule 5 draft will be held at the end of this sim.
    3) Free Agency. There will be 5, 2 day sims over the course of a week. This will take us to the second week of december.
    4) If major FA's are still on the market, I'll sim 1 week at a time until Jan 1st. If no major FA's are left, I'll sim right up until Jan 1, when the rookie draft will be released.
    5) Jan 1 to Start of Preseason (early Feb)
    6) Start of Preseason to Spring Training (early March)
    7) The rookie draft will begin in the forums at the start of Free Agency. You will have had two sim periods to scout the draft class.
    8 ) Spring Training will have two sims of 2 weeks each.

Tues 12/19 - Sim from now up until Salary arbitration.
    Thurs 12/21 - Sim up until the Rule 5 draft and run draft.
    Tues 12/26 - 1st sim of FA (2 days)
    Wed 12/27 - 2nd sim of FA (2 days)
    Thurs 12/28 - 3rd sim of FA (2 days)
    Tues 1/2 - 4th sim of FA (2 days)
    Wed 1/3 - 5th sim of FA (2 days)
    Thurs 1/4 - Resume Normal Schedule

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Releasing Arbitration eligible players and declining Team Options.

- To release an Arbitration eligible player who you don't want, release them normally during the first off season sim. it's very important you outright release them and not stick them on DFA.

- To decline Team Options. During the first off season sim, you will receive a message in your in game mailbox stating that one of your players needs an Option Year decision. Click on the message. In the lower right you will see a button that says "Respond to Message". You can choose either "Execeute Option" to keep the player or "Void Last Contract Year" to get rid of him. If you don't do anything, it will automatically pick up his option. The message says "Message Expired" but you can ignore that.

Comment

Re: Offseason Schedule - Important Info

Originally posted by Andrew
      4) If major FA's are still on the market, I'll sim 1 week at a time until Jan 1st. If no major FA's are left, I'll sim right up until Jan 1, when the rookie draft will be released.

Please define "Major FA"
      It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?

Comment

This is probably a stupid question, but...

Are we able to "reset" our 40 man roster during the offseason or will players still need to clear waivers to be removed?

Comment

Re: Offseason Schedule - Important Info

Originally posted by BruceM
          Originally posted by Andrew

Please define "Major FA"
          I'm not sure I can really define it. We're just going to have to see how things go.

Comment

is the 5 days of FA sims starting the day after christmas?

I don't know about others, but I am on vacation that week. I'm also travelling back to boston on thursday and probably moving on friday. I know everyone is in a real hurry to get the offseason done (and if I'm the only one with conflicts, then I'll just deal) but is there anyway we can slow things down a bit over the holidays? at the very least could we push export deadlines back to 9 pm for that week? (that's up to you though stu, you're the one who has to stay up to do the sim)

Comment

Originally posted by Wessinmouse
              This is probably a stupid question, but...

Are we able to "reset" our 40 man roster during the offseason or will players still need to clear waivers to be removed?
              no, the 40 man is in effect year round. You'll need players to clear to remove them.

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyB
                is the 5 days of FA sims starting the day after christmas?

I don't know about others, but I am on vacation that week. I'm also travelling back to boston on thursday and probably moving on friday. I know everyone is in a real hurry to get the offseason done (and if I'm the only one with conflicts, then I'll just deal) but is there anyway we can slow things down a bit over the holidays? at the very least could we push export deadlines back to 9 pm for that week? (that's up to you though stu, you're the one who has to stay up to do the sim)
                There won't be a sim on Sunday the 24th or Sunday the 31st. I know everyone wants to get this done quickly, but the timing couldn't be worse with the Holidays. I still plan on doing the 5 2 day sims, but I'll probably do them on their normal nights.

The export deadline is still 9pm. I never ended up changing it.

Comment

Looking at my Calendar, this is how the offseason will probably go:

Tues 12/19 - Sim from now up until Salary arbitration.
                  Thurs 12/21 - Sim up until the Rule 5 draft and run draft.
                  Tues 12/26 - 1st sim of FA (2 days)
                  Wed 12/27 - 2nd sim of FA (2 days)
                  Thurs 12/28 - 3rd sim of FA (2 days)
                  Tues 1/2 - 4th sim of FA (2 days)
                  Wed 1/3 - 5th sim of FA (2 days)
                  Thurs 1/4 - Resume Normal Schedule

It's possible that I won't make the sim on Wed 12/27, but please plan on this schedule for now. Let me know if anyone has conflicts. I'll consider pushing Free Agency until after New years if enough people have conflicts.

Note: I edited the schedule after I first posted it.

Comment

So in between the 12/21 sim & 12/26 sim is when we can start making our offers to FA's, right?
                    Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                    DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Originally posted by jmw1137
                      So in between the 12/21 sim & 12/26 sim is when we can start making our offers to FA's, right?
                      Correct.

Comment

how are we running the rule 5 draft this season?

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyB
                          how are we running the rule 5 draft this season?
                          Good question. It's actually going to need to be pushed back a sim. You'll be able to see who is eligible after Thursday's sim by going to BLB -> Rule 5 draft in the game. Then we'll run it the next sim (Tuesday 12/26) in the league chatroom. The traffic shouldn't be enough to crash the chatroom. I think Z was the only one there last year.

Comment

I'm not gonna pick anyone up in the rule 5... so i won't be there. i'm sure you were all on pins and needles waiting for that announcement.

Comment

Working...
                            X