SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Brewmasters Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Brewmasters Championship

Congrats to.... ME! Maine wins the Championship in a 7 game series against Windy City. We went down 3-1 in the series but Corrigan, after getting shelled in game 1, came back to pitch a gem sending the series back to Maine. We somehow survived Game 6 and ended up with Dante Geake on the mound for Game 7. He pitched another great game to get a 1-0 win. Manuel Guandique, formerly of the Windy City Playboys, got the game winning RBI on a sac fly in the 4th inning.

Congrats to Jistic and everyone else on a great season.

Note on the Offseason:

You should be able to make decisions on Team Options and Arbitration eligible players now. The next sim will take us up to the Rule 5 draft. If you have players on DFA, please remove them. If you are waiting for them to clear Waivers to send them down, you can leave them on DFA but please post instructions for me in the Waiver forum. Otherwise, they'll be released.

Sorry jmw, but I have to post this.

Dante Geake final numbers for the postseason:

4-0, 34 IP, 13 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 22 K, 2 complete game shutouts

Comment

Dante was a freak.

Comment

Jose Sanchez was my offensive MVP. Had a 1.137 OPS in the postseason. He only had 12 HR's all year, yet hit 4 in the playoffs.

Comment

Sigh. I exported at like 7:30 and it didn't go through. I put a guy I claimed on waiver on my active roster too, dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn
            Sigh. I exported at like 7:30 and it didn't go through. I put a guy I claimed on waiver on my active roster too, dammit.
            Yah, it said "Old File" for you. It didn't give you any errors when you exported?

Comment

Congrats Andrew on winning the championship. With all of the work you do for the league, it's good to see you win.

Hopefully we'll get one some day. Just seems like we're snake bitten. That's two years in a row we blow the series lead.

What's even stranger is we're up 3-1 and McEvoy, who's got a 13 game winning streak just gets shelled. Then our other 20 game winner gets shelled too. When the pitching showed up, the hitting didn't. And vice-versa.

I'm immediately hiring Marv Levy to take over as coach from here. I kinda felt in the back of my mind that we'd lose (I was the other guy that voted for Maine) but hoped for the best.

But we'll try again next year. Our team is young, and all under contract, so we try again. It was a fun season, and again to Maine, I salute you! Well done.
              WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
              Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
              Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
              Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
              BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
              Hall of Famers: 4
              Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
              Stout Sluggers: 2
              New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
              You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic
                What's even stranger is we're up 3-1 and McEvoy, who's got a 13 game winning streak just gets shelled. Then our other 20 game winner gets shelled too. When the pitching showed up, the hitting didn't. And vice-versa.
                I figured I had a shot against McEvoy. As inconsistent as he's been this year, Corrigan is still a solid pitcher. I never thought we'd hit that well against McEvoy and I never thought we'd win game 6 with Brudenell on the mound. I wish more people had been in the chatroom. I basically said to Liquid "I'm cooked" as soon as I lost Game 4.

I think you'll be right back in the hunt next year with your young core. That pitching staff is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                  Originally posted by JJLinn
                  Yah, it said "Old File" for you. It didn't give you any errors when you exported?
                  Nope, it said it went through no problem.

EDIT: John Brown is for trade...check the trade block forum...end of shameless plug.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                    Sorry jmw, but I have to post this.

Dante Geake final numbers for the postseason:

4-0, 34 IP, 13 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 22 K, 2 complete game shutouts
                    ](*,)
                    Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                    DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Like I said in the chat, congrats Andrew on the championship. Also congratulations to Jistic for winning the IL again. Hopefully the Tobs will break that streak next year.
                      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Congrats on a great year Andrew and Jistic and a big CONGRATS to Maine on their championship.

Comment

Congratulations, Andrew. Thanks for another great year, everyone.
                          Maine Guides
                          General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
                          Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
                          Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
                          Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
                          8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
                          30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

*cough* fix *cough*

congrats stu. so did you have a one man champange shower and a fake interview with joe buck? let me know where i can get my maine guides championship t-shirt....

Comment

Congrats, Andrew! Jistic, you too, bud. Great year, guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X