Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1985 - Offseason 3

Next sim: Sunday

Rule 5 draft will be run as part of Sunday's sim. Just export your draft list in your next export.

Free agency is also now open.

Fan interest in this game sucks. I win my 2nd title in a row and don't get any bonus but I let a couple free agents go and I'm down to a 71.

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
    Fan interest in this game sucks. I win my 2nd title in a row and don't get any bonus but I let a couple free agents go and I'm down to a 71.
    I am sure you have everyone's deepest sympathy on that one.

Comment

So, Adron wouldn't accept my final lowball offer. As JJ would say, "Fuck You Bitch!!"

Comment

FYI, there are several BLB players listed as being eligible for the Rule 5 draft that are NOT eligible. They were players who were manually moved during post deadline trades or were recently traded. They are:

Larry LaRochelle
        Jeff Flynn
        Ron O'Dea

If anyone notices other players who belong on this list, let me know.

Comment

LOL - So I picked up Harcourt's last year at $27.0... guess what he wants on an extension????

$31.0 a year for 3 years plus a Stout Slugger bonus. LMAO!!! Good luck in your new home next season Harcourt!!
          The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Holy shit, after losing Stiver and Dunlop, fan interest dropped 20 points! Apparently they wanted me to give Stiver $24mm for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mahoney2 View Post
              Holy shit, after losing Stiver and Dunlop, fan interest dropped 20 points! Apparently they wanted me to give Stiver $24mm for next year.
              fans are stupid. i got a boost after i signed mcneilage and we all know how that turned out.

Comment

Yeah, I lost like 9 for not resigning Frank Dallyn.

There's a handful of decent Free Agents this year. I'm shocked. There's at least 5 SPs that would be at least #3's on most teams... better on some.

Of course, Nick Latham, Jorge Taracena and JErry Fortin once again make their yearly trip to Free Agency.
                The Great One!

Comment

I looked quickly before I left for work this morning, there's some decent guys out there. I'm not sure if I'd pay them what they want so far.

Comment

yeah the demands are just plain stupid. stupid reaganomics.
                    Charlotte Knights - OSFL
                    Syracuse Slammers - BLB
                    South America - 1984 WBC Runner Up

Comment

I noticed that Ardon wants something like $29 million per to sign. I'm surprised that the Clown let him go given those modest demands.

Comment

Yeah, I blame myself for not being able to let Harcourt go to FA. His $27.0 contract (as well a couple other $24.0+ contracts) are likely driving a lot of people's asking price up. I'm glad I didn't though. I was going to gamble on declining then attempting to resign before FA, but that would have cost me more.

I think we're going to have a mad rush of signings during ST this season when everyone lowers their prices.
                        The Great One!

Comment

Were we supposed to protect for the Rule V already? Or can we do it now?
                          BLB
                          Los Alamos Amigos
                          GM 1982-Present
                          Brewmaster Champions - 1993
                          Import League Champions - 1993
                          Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by spot View Post
                            Were we supposed to protect for the Rule V already? Or can we do it now?
                            You need to make sure you do it before Sunday.
                            California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                            Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                            Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                            Porter Division Champions:
                            1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                            , 2000
                            Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                              Of course, Nick Latham, Jorge Taracena and JErry Fortin once again make their yearly trip to Free Agency.
                              Fortin really came on later in the year and in the playoffs. I wouldn't pay $20 mill for him, but the dude still has a lot left in the tank. I would be nervous about signing Latham or Taracena. Those dudes are getting long in the tooth...
                              Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                              Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                              Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Working...
                              X