Free Agency Schedule Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chippered View Post
    This sounds good. It makes extra work for you, but I think its stern enough to scare people away from doing it.
    The only problem I see with that is that I might get a preview of what free agents some teams are going after. So I would probably have to publish the list so it wouldn't be giving me any advantage over everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
      The only problem I see with that is that I might get a preview of what free agents some teams are going after. So I would probably have to publish the list so it wouldn't be giving me any advantage over everybody else.
      True. Hopefully we can all be big boys about it and just not offer any contracts.

Comment

Sorry, I just was catching up here...

What is the interest in Rule V here? It doesn't take me too long to sort through the PM's and run the Rule V manually each year. I usually have 4-5 teams and about 6-8 players max in my league.

Edit: The big issue is the deadline for placing people on your 40-man is a hard one. There is no opportunity to change it one the Rule V list is posted in-game.
        BLB
        Los Alamos Amigos
        GM 1982-Present
        Brewmaster Champions - 1993
        Import League Champions - 1993
        Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by spot View Post
          Sorry, I just was catching up here...

What is the interest in Rule V here? It doesn't take me too long to sort through the PM's and run the Rule V manually each year. I usually have 4-5 teams and about 6-8 players max in my league.

Edit: The big issue is the deadline for placing people on your 40-man is a hard one. There is no opportunity to change it one the Rule V list is posted in-game.
          They're used to be more interest but it seems like the current group of owners is paying attention more so there is less talent available. There were only 3 players picked this year.

I have no issue with the hard rule. I always hated the fact that teams could add players to the 40 man after the Rule 5 list was published.

Comment

Working...
          X