Dropping players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping players

If we drop a player, do we just lose the money or does it go against salary for the next season?
    Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
    DL Wild card: 1992

Re: Dropping players

Originally posted by jmw1137
    If we drop a player, do we just lose the money or does it go against salary for the next season?
    If you release a player that is still owed money, you pay his entire salary immediately. It gets added to the player expenses for the current season. (which is the 1980 season right now)

Comment

What if a player has 2 years left on his contract, but the 2nd year is a team option. If you drop him, do you automatically pay for that option year or is it assumed you're not picking up the option and only pay for this year?
      Dallas Snappers

Comment

Originally posted by jmw1137 View Post
        What if a player has 2 years left on his contract, but the 2nd year is a team option. If you drop him, do you automatically pay for that option year or is it assumed you're not picking up the option and only pay for this year?
        I believe it makes you pay the team option as well, but not positive. If so, I can probably edit out the team options. I see no reason why you should have to pay it if you're releasing a player. Thoughts?

Comment

agreed... if it's our option, then we shouldn't have to pay.
          California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
          Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
          Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
          Porter Division Champions:
          1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
          , 2000
          Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
            I believe it makes you pay the team option as well, but not positive. If so, I can probably edit out the team options. I see no reason why you should have to pay it if you're releasing a player. Thoughts?
            I like that idea.
            Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
            Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
            Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

I like it too. No reason to have to play the team option if you release a guy.
              Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Agreed. No reason to pay for something you'd just negate anyway.

Comment

I just dropped Florentino Arrechea then. I'll pay his '82 salary but had a team option for '83 that I'm of course not taking.
                  Dallas Snappers

Comment

I just dropped Florentino Arrechea then. I'll pay his '82 salary but had a team option for '83 that I'm of course not taking.
                    Any idea if it charged your for this? I'll have to put the money back, if so.

In the future please let me know before you do this. It's easier for me to edit the option out of his contract rather than put the money back after the fact, especially since I have no idea how much he was making.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                      Any idea if it charged your for this? I'll have to put the money back, if so.

In the future please let me know before you do this. It's easier for me to edit the option out of his contract rather than put the money back after the fact, especially since I have no idea how much he was making.
                      Sorry....wasn't sure the best way to go about it.

When I dropped him, it said $9xx,xxx would go towards his salary immediately and nothing about next year. I don't know how to check. I just did it in my most recent export (for tonight's sim).
                      Dallas Snappers

Comment

Sorry....wasn't sure the best way to go about it.

When I dropped him, it said $9xx,xxx would go towards his salary immediately and nothing about next year. I don't know how to check. I just did it in my most recent export (for tonight's sim).
                        Well his team option is for $1.4 million so it looks like it automatically declined this. Glad to know the game is handling it correctly. If it were a mutual or player option, it would've charged you around $2.4 mil.

Comment

Working...
                        X