SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - FA3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - FA3

html was updated this time. Next sim will be Tuesday. Happy new year.

Some interesting signings...

Au-Yong is still injured for another 5 months, but got a 3 million payday.

I was after Apresa, but he told me he was only looking for a minor league contract.

I landed Beckford, but I'm pretty sure my offer wasn't the best one for his services.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
      Au-Yong is still injured for another 5 months, but got a 3 million payday.
      I was hoping he'd be my sleeper pick-up. I actually undercut him a little but he went for it...I'm guessing due to the length & incentives. Did anyone else make any offers to him? He's still injured for 5 months but should be ready to go soon after the season starts. Hopefully the new increase in injuries doesn't backfire on me with this signing.

I didn't need Beckford so I really low-balled him and he laughed at my offer and signed with you.

The other player I've signed so far is Washi Koizumi. He's no superstar and I got him cheap but seems like a solid MR.

I have 1, maybe 2, other players I'm hoping to sign and it will be a successful offseason.
      Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
      DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

I was hoping guys would shy away from Au-Yong because of his injury. I planned to take a look at him after Spring Training.

Comment

I was hoping guys would shy away from Au-Yong because of his injury. I planned to take a look at him after Spring Training.
          I was actually going to offer you a cheap trade for him before the trade deadline (I saw him somewhere and he looked like he had potential). Once I saw he was up for FA, I waited to see if you re-signed. Once you didn't he became my #1 choice in FA, since it was pretty slim pickings.
          Dallas Snappers

Comment

Originally posted by jmw1137
            I was actually going to offer you a cheap trade for him before the trade deadline (I saw him somewhere and he looked like he had potential). Once I saw he was up for FA, I waited to see if you re-signed. Once you didn't he became my #1 choice in FA, since it was pretty slim pickings.
            He played for Maine last year.

Comment

He played for Maine last year.
              Damn, I don't know why I do that...I always get you & Andrew confused.
              Dallas Snappers

Comment

My big FA signing still hasn't chosen a team.... :?
                Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Working...
                X