1980 Early Bird Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Early Bird Predictions

Come on now, it's easy to predict the divisions when all the pieces are in place...but picking 'em before the rosters are decided takes skill!

Ale Division:
    Patriots
    Guides
    Slammers
    Millers
    Whalers

In an exciting 23 inning affair, the Patriots will outduel the Guides in a one game playoff to win the Ale Division. The Whalers will fall to the cellar as four of their starting rotation succumb to season ending injuries.

Lager Divsion:
    Dinos
    Javelinas
    Bootleggers
    Bulls
    Snappers

Not only do the Dinos take the Lager in a walk, they post the best record in the BLB at 116 - 46

Stout Division:
    Bulldogs
    Freedom
    Colonials
    Bats
    Wildcats

Amazingly every team in the Stout will have a winning road record this season, with the Bulldogs taking the Divsion with two weeks to go in the regular season.

Bock Division:
    Brawlers
    Tobs
    Playboys
    Wildfire
    Mayhem

In a heretofore unseen run of strange luck, the Playboys will host 1/3 of their home games in poor weather causing injury upon injury to their lineup as they end the season averaging less than 2 runs a game offensively. The Mayhem will consider self imposed sanctions for general stupidity.

Re: 1980 Early Bird Predictions

Originally posted by Wessinmouse
    Stout Division:
    Bulldogs
    Freedom
    Colonials
    Bats
    Wildcats

Amazingly every team in the Stout will have a winning road record this season, with the Bulldogs taking the Divsion with two weeks to go in the regular season.
    You pick the division winner to finish last? :roll:

But I wouldn't be shocked if we did all have winning records.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

LOL, I'll just bite my tongue.

Comment

While I don't usually make predictions, I don't think that the Dinos will win the division in a walk.

They might win it with a walk in the bottom of the 15th inning in a one game playoff!!! I think it will be that close again.
        Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a slight limb and say that the Tobs are going undefeated in the new year. Carolina doctors have recently had a medical breakthrough that will allow Ponte to pitch every game and not get tired. The rest of you should just give up now.
          Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by robster1225
            While I don't usually make predictions, I don't think that the Dinos will win the division in a walk.

They might win it with a walk in the bottom of the 15th inning in a one game playoff!!! I think it will be that close again.
            But we'll win!

Comment

Oh no

Good lord.... 4 of my starters are going down to injuries??...... everyone please check the trading block as 4 of my starters are now on the block....

Comment

Working...
              X