SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Free Agency 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Free Agency 5

I uploaded the html this time. With the only major Free Agent signing, I'll sim until January 2nd in the next sim. Make sure to check your DFA's to make sure they're clear.

The draft class will also be published so you'll need to send out your scouts ASAP after tomorrows sim. It's time to get this moving along. I'm hoping we'll hit Spring Training and start the draft by the end of next week.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn
      I like the news article...

"Some scouts believe MacKnight comes off as a little arrogant, and questions remain about whether he is really worth $48,000,000 over 5 years. "

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
        Originally posted by JJLinn
        I like the news article...

"Some scouts believe MacKnight comes off as a little arrogant, and questions remain about whether he is really worth $48,000,000 over 5 years. "
        Haha yeah...I guess he's the Gil Meche of BLB. I just wanted to make sure I got him.

Comment

eesh... for a career minor leaguer with a .250 average and ~10HR/year. but my 2nd best scout has him rated pretty high with potential.

Comment

I think I offered him a minor league contract.
            Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
            Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
            Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

My scouts rated him pretty high for potential but I was leery to make an offer with his under-achieving career numbers.
              Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
              DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

I think I offered him about 2mil/year and he just laughed at me.
                Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

I offered more than Pittsburgh on my 2nd offer...he just was too offended by my meager 4mil/yr initial offering, I guess.

Comment

I offered about $5 mil a year and he never seemed too interested. My scouts definitely liked his potential but that .200 avg over the last 3 months in AAA has to scare you. He might be one of those guys that needs the challenge of being in the big leagues to do well though.

Comment

He was with my AAA team. I offered him a ML contract, and he apparently split town. I don't know why there is that high of an interest in him. He didn't do anything spectacular. I actually wanted him to have one more year in the minors to develop into the potential that the scouts were saying he has. But 10 mil a year for him, to me, is kinda crazy. But I wish that arrogant bastard the best

Comment

You haven't looked closely enough at the crap that JLinn and I are going to have to field have you :)

Comment

I didn't realize there was quite this much interest in him. If he lives up to his potential that we all agree he has it could be a smart deal, I certainly can't afford him at that price. Luckily I'm pretty set in the OF for now.
                          Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

I got a couple of key signings (MR & C), so I'm quite pleased with this year's FA. If this keeps up, I might finish near .500 (at home (for a month or so)).

Now let's burn this mother down!

Comment

About the draft... how many rounds are we going to do online? what's the time limit? etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X