Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1980 - Sim 1

Sim is up.

Only note is I traded Hanshaw from Philly to Dallas for $1 because Dallas never got a chance to revoke his waivers.

Damn! 6-0! :)

Comment

Ouch, Drewery pitches a NO NO against his old team.

Started off a nice 4-1

On the other hand, Jayson Peyton has a sweet 162.16 ERA.

and on a bright note... got keppel for 10 more years! Now I'm set.

Comment

LMAO!

:shock: First place Mayhem...magic number 156.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Comment

2-4, not as bad as I expected. Rogado is picking up where he left off last year.

Comment

2-4...

Great.
            Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
            Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
            Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

3-3 no hitting, all pitching.

And to no one's suprise, we had a player hit for the cycle! Shocking!
              WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
              Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
              Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
              Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
              BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
              Hall of Famers: 4
              Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
              Stout Sluggers: 2
              New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
              You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Well we went 2-4, pretty much what I expected. Hopefully I can get a better grip on what type of players I have as the season goes on. Looks like Bill 'Sabertooth' Johnson can still swing the bat.

Comment

2-4. That's what happens when you score a total of 3 runs in a 4 game series. Looks like some shakeups in the lineup for the next sim. I cannot figure out why my team can't hit the ball.
                  Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

2-4 and was a decent start (I think) considering the key injuries I've come up with. Looks like Pitching is my strength, but no one can hit for average.
                    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

2-game split with California, then a series win against Davenport. An ok start, but I could have done without losing my #3 starter for 6-7 weeks with a strained bicep. Looks like Joe Poso gets yet another chance to translate AAA success to the majors....
                      SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
                      NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
                      1998 BLB Champions
                      2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
                      Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skerik
                        2-game split with California, then a series win against Davenport. An ok start, but I could have done without losing my #3 starter for 6-7 weeks with a strained bicep. Looks like Joe Poso gets yet another chance to translate AAA success to the majors....
                        ...and just in time to face the mighty first place Los Alamos squad.

Comment

My bats were quiet, but the pitching was outstanding. Managed to hand losses to Ponte, LaRochelle, and Lacour in the same week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
                            My bats were quiet, but the pitching was outstanding. Managed to hand losses to Ponte, LaRochelle, and Lacour in the same week.
                            Damn, now thats impressive. We knocked Jerry Dean out in the first inning on opening day. \:D/

Comment

Solid start for the staff stud Jerry Dean:

0.1 IP's, 1 hit, 3 BB, 3 ER's, ERA of 81.08, WHIP of 12.01

Injured, blister on finger - out about 2 weeks

On a more positive note, the team went 4 - 2 with SP Joe Soto going 2 - 0 with a 0.98 WHIP. He did serve up 3 dingers though.

At the plate CF Dave O'Brien and SS Pedro Zamarida got off to hot starts. O'Brien is hitting .360 while Zamarida is hitting .333 with 3 HR's and 6 RBI's.

The owner told me he expects us to finish over .500.

I'm sending him an email instructing him to look at our record now and then not again for the rest of the season.
                              It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?

Comment

Working...
                              X