No announcement yet.

SIM COMPLETE - 1980 - Sim 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you guys download in-game or externally?
    Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

dola,

WTF is going on in Los Lunas?????????

3-10, 7 games back, and in last place. Not somewhere that a perennial contender likes to be. But, luckily it is early. No reason to panic, yet.
      Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Well I went 1-4 for the sim and once again it was expected. Last year's ROTY, Joe Cuevas had an impressive week while Mutsohito Kuramochi is having a rough 1st 2 weeks going 0-3 with a 7.88 ERA.

Comment

Well, my AAA team went 4-3, my AA 6-1, and my A 6-1.

If all else fails for the Washington Bats, I might have promising minor league seasons to look towards.

Oh, and my #1 SP prospect, Tessai MacArthur, two starts, two wins, 16 innings pitched, 14 strikeouts, two walks.
          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

3-2 this week. Definately an improvement. My pitching has been very good, but I can't hit the ball at all.

Nice to see Danny Nelson (last year's IL ROY) woke up this week.

My farm system is mostly garbage right now. Mostly because I need to fill the teams. This organization is a "52 pickup".
            The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay
              3-2 this week. Definately an improvement. My pitching has been very good, but I can't hit the ball at all.

My farm system is mostly garbage right now. Mostly because I need to fill the teams. This organization is a "52 pickup".
              Your hitting probably looks a lot worse than it actually is. You can blame Giggas for designing a stadium the size of Rhode Island.

Comment

Man... O'Loughlin and Cafferty (my two aces) pitched back to back GEMS against Willmington on the 18th and 19th. O'Laughlin went 7 strong with 1 hit. Cafferty threw 8 innings with 1 hit.

Those were Willmington's only two losses. Guess I gotta take some solice in that.
                The Great One!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                  Originally posted by Clay

Your hitting probably looks a lot worse than it actually is. You can blame Giggas for designing a stadium the size of Rhode Island.

good.god.

Comment

Good Lord!!!! I'm playing in the Grand Canyon!! Then again, that's probably why my pitching is good too.

That will need to be fixed.
                    The Great One!

Comment

All bow to the greatness that is SP Igor Godire (or whatever his last name is).

"Monday, April 14th, 1980: Los Alamos's Igor Goderie Baffles Batters, Wins Import League Player of the Week Honors
                      Igor Goderie of the Los Alamos Mayhem took charge on the mound last week and was named the Import League Player of the Week today. He pitched his way to 2 wins while throwing 14 innings, allowing just 11 hits. Goderie rang up 10 batters and posted an impressive 0.64 ERA. Opposing hitters managed a .220 average against him."

Who needs Joe O'Connellan when you can get these performances from a guy that costs about 1/15th the money?

Now if we could only find a #2 SP.

Just a reminder kids, Mayhem 1st round and/or 2nd round picks available for the right pitcher. Also, I have an every day quality outfielder languishing in AAA who I can throw in.

Comment

Originally posted by Wessinmouse
                        All bow to the greatness that is SP Igor Godire (or whatever his last name is).

"Monday, April 14th, 1980: Los Alamos's Igor Goderie Baffles Batters, Wins Import League Player of the Week Honors
                        Igor Goderie of the Los Alamos Mayhem took charge on the mound last week and was named the Import League Player of the Week today. He pitched his way to 2 wins while throwing 14 innings, allowing just 11 hits. Goderie rang up 10 batters and posted an impressive 0.64 ERA. Opposing hitters managed a .220 average against him."
                        Seems like I have a knack for helping out other teams with their pitching problems. First, I had to hear all about Geake last season who shined after I lost him to FA and now Goderie, who I traded last season, comes back to haunt me winning player of the week.

Anyone else want to trade for some of my pitching? It's almost a guarantee they'll be a stud once they leave here!
                        Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                        DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Working...
                        X