Should we...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we...

Cut the draft time maximum from 24 hours, to like 12?

I know a lot of people are busy, but the draft has really slowed down as of late. This way, the picks will come in a lot faster. Yes, a lot of people might not be able to make the forums every 12 hrs, especially when they don't know if the person before them has picked yet, but, one could send in a big board of four players when they are five away or so.

Anyone else think we should do this? Maybe it is just me...
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
      No.
      +1

Comment

Well, Andrew did make note that we need to speed things up...

We have about 8 sims (just short of 3 weeks real time) before the draft needs to be entered. Lets get this thing moving! Any portion of the draft that isn't finished is going to have to be CPU picked, which I really don't want to do again.
        I think it is the right thing to do. I don't want my picks to be CPU auto'd if they don't have to be.

Comment

Problem is, I can't do a CPU pick every 12 hours so it's not going to do much good. Personally, I don't see why it's so hard for people to send me a list of 3-4 guys before their pick is coming up. Only a couple people have done it so far.

Comment

My first pick was 9 minutes after the pick before me, while my second was 2 hours after...but I'm constantly checking the forums, especially if I know my pick is coming up.

Let's go guys. We don't expect you to check the forum every 30 minutes, but if you're 4 or 5 picks away, take the time to send in a list of players to Andrew to help speed up the process.

Comment

I'm autodrafting because I don't wanna even hold things up a full day while I get time to research.

I agree that a possible solution to all of this in the future is a modified list draft. Maybe submit 20 picks for every round.
              WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
              Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
              Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
              Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
              BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
              Hall of Famers: 4
              Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
              Stout Sluggers: 2
              New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
              You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

I think this is a good system. We still have a while until the draft actually happens. After you get through the first three rounds or so, there really isn't much talent left anyway.
                Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

I agree... are we actually going to do all 15 rounds in the forums? Cause I'd have to say if we have the option to let the computer autopick for us, I'd personally want to implement that after round 5 or so, and maybe everyone should after round 10... unless you're big on those 22-28 rated players

Comment

Originally posted by robster1225
                    I think this is a good system. We still have a while until the draft actually happens. After you get through the first three rounds or so, there really isn't much talent left anyway.
                    I would disagree.

Because we made the draft pool bigger, there is a lot of talent left to be had.

Comment

Hmm, I still see about a dozen or so 50+ prospects left on the board based on my scouts. I still would like to manually draft... so get those boards in if you just want auto!

Comment

I stand corrected, I misspoke when I said only 3 rounds, it was the first thing that came off the top of my head. I was trying to say that we still have time to get through a few more rounds, because the draft doesn't get finalized until June in the game. Which is a ways away, so the quicker we do it now, the more rounds we can get done. I'm pretty sure we can get 5 rounds done at or near the current pace.
                        Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

The biggest problem I have with the draft the way it is now, after round 1 you have to scroll through a lot of pages and posts to find out if the guy you're interested in has been picked or not.

It would be nice if the master list that has the actual order was updated after each pick instead of after each round. I could then look at one list instead of scanning over 3 or 4 pages of posts.

As it stnds now I definitely will not do any more manual picks. It is just too time consuming and too much of a pain in the butt to do all that searching.
                          It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?

Comment

Originally posted by BruceM
                            The biggest problem I have with the draft the way it is now, after round 1 you have to scroll through a lot of pages and posts to find out if the guy you're interested in has been picked or not.
                            Starting with my 2nd pick, I printed out the entire draft list and began crossing guys off as they are drafted. The whole printout was 5 pages total. Not too much to sacrifice and then its much easier to followup on the guys that you really want anyways.

Things still look like that the talent level will drop off significantly again around round 5. After that we will all just be looking for sleepers...if anything at all besides fillers for our minors.

Comment

Originally posted by Khrog
                              Starting with my 2nd pick, I printed out the entire draft list and began crossing guys off as they are drafted. The whole printout was 5 pages total. Not too much to sacrifice and then its much easier to followup on the guys that you really want anyways.
                              Exactly what people should be doing. I don't have time to update the list after each pick so people are going to have to take some initiative, like you did, if they want an up to date list.

As far as CPU drafting, I'd prefer to control my entire draft so I can fill out my minor league system. I don't want the CPU drafting 5 2B's like it did last year. Anybody who wants to let their head scout do the rest of their draft is welcome to.

Comment

Working...
                              X