No announcement yet.

SIM COMPLETE - 1980 - Sim 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pawtucket can never seem to get on the same page on offense and defense. It's either good pitching and terrible hitting or terrible pitching and good hitting.

Between not having a ton of time at work, not being able to have OOTP at work, it's cut into my OOTP time. But I'm going to be back posting and exporting on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic
      We're off to our usual slow start this year. But this time it's strange.

McEvoy 1-4 1.77 ERA. If anyone ever hits for him he'll maybe win a game.

Hernandez is having a legendary start. 3-0 with a 1.13 ERA

Cobellan is 2-1 with a 1.29 ERA .

The starting pitching has been insane. But our bats always start out SLOW.

The CPU also seems to be wacky with the lineups.

Just wanna stay in the race as we head down the stretch. Sure would be nice to have Hoover back. :(

Well, if Hernadez is having a legendary start, then what would you consider Mapalo?

http://www.oldredboat.com/ootp/news/...layer_370.html

5-0, 0.93 ERA, 38K/7BB, 4 ER all year, and 0 in his last 23.2 IP. I need to bronze him.

Comment

Originally posted by HrfdWhale

Just wanna stay in the race as we head down the stretch. Sure would be nice to have Hoover back. :(

Well, if Hernadez is having a legendary start, then what would you consider Mapalo?

5-0, 0.93 ERA, 38K/7BB, 4 ER all year, and 0 in his last 23.2 IP. I need to bronze him.

After the season, we're having a gold statue of Igor Goderie made:
        5-1, 0.82 ERA, 43.2 IP/27 HA, 4 ER all season

Songs will be written, women will swoon, men will bow...

Comment

Originally posted by mahoney2
          Between not having a ton of time at work, not being able to have OOTP at work, it's cut into my OOTP time. But I'm going to be back posting and exporting on a regular basis.
          Sounds like it is time to look for a new job to me.

Comment

Originally posted by HrfdWhale

You dont' seem to understand. Your guy has actually been good in the past. For Joe Hernandez this is the pinnacle of his career. He can only go down.
            WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
            Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
            Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
            Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
            BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
            Hall of Famers: 4
            Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
            Stout Sluggers: 2
            New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
            You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Looks like it was a typical sim for the Wildfires with only a small downward twist. Lose just about every game(think we won 1) despite several decent pitching outtings...and oh yeah, we lost what is probably the best offensive player on the team for 7-8 months. Not that our park is very conducive to good offensive play, but my pitchers really need some support.

At this rate, I wouldn't be shocked to finish with a team average sub .200. No one seems to be able to get it together to hit consistently. Hot/Cold all across the board and the one guy flirting with .300 has maybe 1 extra base hit. Not exactly pushing people across the plate.

The biggest bright spot right now is that some of the middle relief is starting to work out. My rule 5 pickup, 23yr old Bandujo is the bullpen ace right now and Malcolm Sardeson(C in rule 5 draft) is leading the team in RBIs. So I guess the team being fielded is better than previously.

I just keep looking at a sandbox league that I created to see what happens when you add teams to an established league. The Hawaii Sharks managed to become a contender after about 6-7 seasons. Of course picking 1st or 2nd in drafts for 5 straight seasons can have that effect.

Comment

Khrog:

I feel your pain. I've had some trouble with my BLB team too so while I still spend a lot of time on it I also spend a lot of time with my minor league teams. I've made playoffs several times with my AA & AAA teams (including a championship in AAA) and feel like I'm hopefully making my BLB team better in the future.
                Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Working...
                X