1987 Co-Commissioner's Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Co-Commissioner's Cup

With less than 50 games left to play, we may have the hottest race in CCC History this season!

Pittsburgh Millers (39-78 - 0.333)
    Wilmington Wildcats (41-76 - 0.350)
    Morgantown Mohawks (42-75 - 0.359)
    Sin City Gamblers (45-72 - 0.385)
    Batavia Muckdogs (49-68 - 0.419)

Probably just a 3 horse race with Sin City 6 games back and Batavia teetering right on the edge of the 10 game limit. But two once fabled franchises - Pittsburgh and Wilmington - are battling tooth and nail for the honor. Don't rule out Morgantown, the former expansion team that is finally starting to see a little turmoil after coming into the league exceeding early expectations.

After shipping Johnny Buzzell, Martin Carlton and Howard Haydon out of town, most "experts" believe that the Millers have to be the team to beat.
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

I wouldn't consider shipping out Haydon a bad thing. He went to shit just like the rest of my 1st round draft picks.

Comment

Didn't say it was a bad thing.
      The Great One!

Comment

Sigh... its not the same without Mississippi in this picture :(

Comment

No California or Virginia either.

It's disturbing.
          California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
          Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
          Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
          Porter Division Champions:
          1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
          , 2000
          Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Lintyfresh85 View Post
            No California or Virginia either.

It's disturbing.
            CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!
            The Great One!

Comment

I'll do everything I can to not be on this list next year...too bad O'Moore had to be a pussy bitch and re-sign with Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn View Post
                I'll do everything I can to not be on this list next year...too bad O'Moore had to be a pussy bitch and re-sign with Maine.
                With the recent history of quick success.... Brode, Wilkerson, Leonard... you could easily have a #1 pick out-pitching O'Moore sooner than later.
                The Great One!

Comment

But with the recent history of Millers 1st round picks I could have a guy go from 6-6-5 to 4-4-4 potential in a matter of sims.

Comment

But with the recent history of Millers 1st round picks I could have a guy go from 6-6-5 to 4-4-4 potential in a matter of sims.
                    Such is life

Having had a plethora of #1 picks, I know that there is no such thing as a sure shot in the draft.

Comment

I don't think anybody has had as bad a record as me though. Aside from Mark Steward and Nathan Perceval, ALL of my 1st rounders have busted, and they never played an inning for me. Haydon I guess counts as sort of a success because he had 2 good years (including 1 beast year). All my guys took random talent hits shortly after the draft.

The jury's still out on Len Hayes, though.

Comment

I don't think anybody has had as bad a record as me though. Aside from Mark Steward and Nathan Perceval, ALL of my 1st rounders have busted, and they never played an inning for me. Haydon I guess counts as sort of a success because he had 2 good years (including 1 beast year). All my guys took random talent hits shortly after the draft.

I remember one year where you took a SP in the middle of the 1st and everyone was just like..."who?"

Something like Ramirez, Hernandez, Diaz...something.
                        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

I'd put my 1st Round busts up against anyone.

But, with the new Amateur system... your luck could change.
                          The Great One!

Comment

Only one of my first round picks has made it to the Bigs, so you're not alone with that.

I'll take Wilmington to win the Cup this year. Any team that we're able to sweep has to be a real contender.
                            Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                              I remember one year where you took a SP in the middle of the 1st and everyone was just like..."who?"

Something like Ramirez, Hernandez, Diaz...something.
                              Manny Hernandez...I had him at 5-6-5 at the time of draft. Had a 3.00 ERA in A ball in like 70 innings and then took a huge ratings hit in the offseason. He actually made 1 start for me and did pretty well, but has been injured more often than not.

Comment

Working...
                              X