• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOTP 2007 Announced!!!

Here's the site:

http://www.ootpbaseball.net/

Here's the full changelist:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=137884

I believe robster, Z and I are free to talk about the game now.

Woah, impressive feature list.

ETA?

Comment

Nevermind, just saw it's March 23rd! Will everyone be making the switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
        Nevermind, just saw it's March 23rd! Will everyone be making the switch?
        The BLB will definitely be making the switch. Hopefully 1980 is our last season with OOTP 2006. We're going to have some decisions to make because a ton of this stuff affects us. We'll talk about that later though. If anyone has questions, fire away.

Comment

- Added 7-day line-ups
          Hotness. Looks like a great feature list that addresses a lot of my nagging gripes with the game. I can't wait to make the switch.
          SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
          NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
          1998 BLB Champions
          2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
          Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Wait...YOU have gripes?!?!? Inconceivable!

Comment

I'm so glad this is out to the public. I was having a hard time keeping it all in!
              Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Pretty cool. But i'm hesitant to dive right into 2007 once in comes out. Let them work out the inevitable bugs, and they seem to have a sale a few months post-release. I don't think i'm going to want to buy the new version at $40 every year either.

But, the improvement list does look impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by rubisco43
                  Pretty cool. But i'm hesitant to dive right into 2007 once in comes out. Let them work out the inevitable bugs, and they seem to have a sale a few months post-release. I don't think i'm going to want to buy the new version at $40 every year either.

But, the improvement list does look impressive.
                  The bugs don't concern me all that much, to be honest. The feature list has been locked, which essentially gives the beta team two months to pound away at the game. With three owners on the beta team, I'm pretty sure we'll have a very good idea of how stable the game is at release.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                    The bugs don't concern me all that much, to be honest. The feature list has been locked, which essentially gives the beta team two months to pound away at the game. With three owners on the beta team, I'm pretty sure we'll have a very good idea of how stable the game is at release.
                    I'm glad to hear you're so confident about the new release... but I'll believe it when I see it. :) So your plan is to move right into 2007 for our 1981 season?

Comment

Originally posted by rubisco43
                      I'm glad to hear you're so confident about the new release... but I'll believe it when I see it. :) So your plan is to move right into 2007 for our 1981 season?
                      It depends on the timing. Obviously I don't expect people to buy the game the day it comes out but I'd like to move to 2007 ASAP. The features it adds for game play are fantastic but the improvements that make my life easier as commish are immeasurable.

Comment

It depends on the timing. Obviously I don't expect people to buy the game the day it comes out but I'd like to move to 2007 ASAP. The features it adds for game play are fantastic but the improvements that make my life easier as commish are immeasurable.
                        The truth comes out! :)

I, for one, have no problem getting the game on release day.
                        SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
                        NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
                        1998 BLB Champions
                        2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
                        Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skerik
                          The truth comes out! :)
                          You of all people should understand! Although FOF doesn't have nearly the file sizes that OOTP does.

Comment

Andrew, I second the ease of use for commissioners. I'm co-commishing a test league, and when it is my turn to sim, it is easier right now than it is in 2006, and it will get even easier.
                            Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

I say we make the switch right away...which means the 1981 season. I'm excited about the new features, and the thought of expansion. I'll have the game the day it releases.

Comment

Working...
                              X