Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion

This has been discussed a little bit, but with the new expansion wizard we can start to get a little more serious about it.

It depends a lot on how many of our current owners make the transition to OOTP 2007, but I'd like to eventually expand to 24 teams. We'd add 1 team to each division and add 2 wildcard teams per league. We'll expand on this as we go, but let me know what you guys think.

I would love to expand, with the ideal situation being that all our current owners make the jump to 2007 and we find four more committed owners for the new teams. I have no interest in expanding for the sake of expansion and introducing more turnover to what's finally becoming a stable league. But if we can find those four more committed owners, four more teams would definitely be in the best interests of the league.
    SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
    NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
    1998 BLB Champions
    2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
    Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

I fear change.

It was mentioned earlier that we should probably get through one entire season without any casualties before we consider expanding. I kind of agree with that line of thinking.

But it's nice to know the feature to expand is available for when we're ready.

Comment

I agree. We're not going to expand without stable ownership. It would probably happen after a full season with OOTP 2007, at the earliest.

Comment

I agree with everythind said above.

I agree that we need to have a stable group of owners before we expand. Lets see how these newcomers do.
          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Slow....when it comes to expansion. Like I said before. We haven't had one year with the same ownership of all 20 teams yet. But ideally, I'd love to expand.
            WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
            Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
            Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
            Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
            BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
            Hall of Famers: 4
            Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
            Stout Sluggers: 2
            New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
            You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Expansion would be great.

Unfortunately, turn over like we've seen is not uncommon in a league. We have a great group of CORE owners, and I say if we can get like 16 or 17 guys to stick around long term, then expanding should be discussed.
              Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Working...
              X