Hartford at Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartford at Indy

Well, this should be an interesting series. Indy comes in at 93-69, winning the Pilsner by 6 games. Hartford sports a 89-73 record, winning the Wild Card for the second consecutive year. The home/road splits are about even for both teams, being several games over .500 in each.

Hartford has the advantage in the Offensive categories, leading in runs, avg, obp, and just about every other category except for stolen bases. Indy is the clear cut winner in the pitching category, with a team ERA a full .40 points below the Whalers.

Each team has a rash of injuries. Hartford lost arguably their top pitcher in Chuck Lindsay, in addition to Joyce and Dallyn, meaning 3 of their top 5 pitchers are out for the playoffs. Indy has a few lesser injuries, mostly in their mid range contributors on the Offensive side. Coker was having a decent season but won't be able to help.

Head to head, Indy leads the season series 7 games to 5. Play of late has gone well in Indy's favor. Hartford is 13-19 since the beginning of August, while Indy is 18-14.

I see this series going to Indy pretty easily, maybe in 5 games. The pitching injuries are just too much for Hartford to get over. Mapalo and Flynn will need to win every game they pitch for us to move on. Replacing Lindsay (3.66) with Recalde (5.20) and Joyce (4.35) or Dallyn (3.45) with Curry (5.43) just isn't going to cut it. We'll go with the 4 man rotation to get Mapalo and Flynn as much work as possible. Going to need a miracle to have the honor of getting swept by Maine in the next round.

This has the potential to be a good series though. My hitting sucks enough to cancel out your injured starters, so we'll have to rely on our pitching for this series. Hopefully they show up this series.

I need a big series from Miller, Knight, Tafur, and Hiraki. Jessie is out for another six days, so he'll miss most if not all of this series, but he fell off pretty badly the last couple of months of the season anyway.

Good luck Whale

Comment

Working...
    X