SIM COMPLETE - 1980 - Sim 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1980 - Sim 8

The Guides stink right now. Another awful week. At least I re-signed a bunch of my key players. Maybe now theyll get back to winning games.

F-ing christ. 2-2 vs Denver, then get swept by Sin City. 2-5 overall, but amazingly, I'm still only 0.5 games back.

Comment

Wow, 101 million dished out by the Guides.

4-3 this week. Better...I guess. Considering I was without my SS, and leadoff man, Joe Delarruz...I'll take it.

Comment

3-4. Dammit. Took 3 of 4 from California, then got swept by Los Alamos, blowing 2 saves in that series, including a 6-1 lead.
        Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

2-4 to fall to 3 games out of the division lead. We took the series from Wilmington, but got swept by Baltimore, losing the last 2 of the series by 1 run.

Mel Woodbury makes his AAA debut by hitting .375 with 2 HR and 11 RBI in his first week.
          Maine Guides
          General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
          Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
          Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
          Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
          8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
          30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Take 3 out of 4 from Davy.....then swept by Virginia. Now I lost Hernandez for two weeks. Crap.
            WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
            Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
            Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
            Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
            BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
            Hall of Famers: 4
            Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
            Stout Sluggers: 2
            New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
            You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Man, I feel bad for Khrog. He has absolutely nothing to work with. Acid ran that team through the mud.

Comment

Hey Stu....

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
                  Man, I feel bad for Khrog. He has absolutely nothing to work with. Acid ran that team through the mud.
                  Agreed. He managed to do just about everything that I would have done backwards. I'd love to see the rationale for some of the trades. If I remember right the initial draft was computer run so the AI for that draft had the Wildfires a little bit on the old side.

He tried to correct it, but he had an a couple bonehead trades that really didn't help out much. A couple older studs for borderline prospects at best. Those kinds of things can happen, but the 40 man roster situation was just horrible. He added at least 3 players too fast...going to have to put them into the BLB before their time or possibly even trade one. Either way he probably ruined at least one player that way...probably 2.

Of course, I saw that it wasn't pretty when I signed on so don't fret over losing me just yet. At this rate, I'm guarenteed 1st pick next season by a wide margin.

I can also feel good about the moves that I've made...Tajo Delcios was brought in free agency and has been decent on the mound. Bandujo has been godlike as the goto guy in the bullpen(Rule 5 guy). Sardeson was hot to start, but has cooled off. Time will tell on him...I think his avg may be affected by the lousy sons of bitches playing around him as well.

My biggest problem has been scoring consistently. 2 of my starting pitchers have been very good this month and just haven't had the run support. There are problems and they are many...the primary contributions are the roleplayers starting everyday...Townsley losing his touch...and Adron and Walkup getting hurt early.

Ahhh...oh well. Next season, I expect to be better, but not by a huge amount. Some of the picks that I made...I made with an eye towards short term...so hoping to bring some guys along quickly and see them in a season or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Khrog
                    Originally posted by Sully
                    Agreed. He managed to do just about everything that I would have done backwards. I'd love to see the rationale for some of the trades. If I remember right the initial draft was computer run so the AI for that draft had the Wildfires a little bit on the old side.

He tried to correct it, but he had an a couple bonehead trades that really didn't help out much. A couple older studs for borderline prospects at best. Those kinds of things can happen, but the 40 man roster situation was just horrible. He added at least 3 players too fast...going to have to put them into the BLB before their time or possibly even trade one. Either way he probably ruined at least one player that way...probably 2.

Of course, I saw that it wasn't pretty when I signed on so don't fret over losing me just yet. At this rate, I'm guarenteed 1st pick next season by a wide margin.

I can also feel good about the moves that I've made...Tajo Delcios was brought in free agency and has been decent on the mound. Bandujo has been godlike as the goto guy in the bullpen(Rule 5 guy). Sardeson was hot to start, but has cooled off. Time will tell on him...I think his avg may be affected by the lousy sons of bitches playing around him as well.

My biggest problem has been scoring consistently. 2 of my starting pitchers have been very good this month and just haven't had the run support. There are problems and they are many...the primary contributions are the roleplayers starting everyday...Townsley losing his touch...and Adron and Walkup getting hurt early.

Ahhh...oh well. Next season, I expect to be better, but not by a huge amount. Some of the picks that I made...I made with an eye towards short term...so hoping to bring some guys along quickly and see them in a season or two.
                    You planning on sending Aves back anytime soon?
                    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Who would I put in his place? My scouts are high on him...so I'll just have him ride it out :) Although he probably won't be starting much considering his performance hasn't been very good since the first week.

Comment

Originally posted by Khrog
                        Who would I put in his place? My scouts are high on him...so I'll just have him ride it out :) Although he probably won't be starting much considering his performance hasn't been very good since the first week.
                        Ya, probably a good idea.
                        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

A good sim for Pawtucket.

How about that Malachi Stiver? 20 Hrs and counting so far.

If this mirrors last year he should end with about 23.

Comment

Originally posted by rubisco43
                            F-ing christ. 2-2 vs Denver, then get swept by Sin City. 2-5 overall, but amazingly, I'm still only 0.5 games back.
                            I know how you feel - swept by Syracuse...

That 7-0 sim we had a while back was an aberration. :roll:
                            It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?

Comment

Strange doings afoot in the Stout Division.

Pythagorean diffs in parentheses:

Baltimore 28-21 (+4)
                              Wilmington 27-23 (-5)
                              Philadelphia 25-24 (-2)
                              Virginia 25-25 (+2)
                              Washington 23-27 (-3)

:-k
                              SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
                              NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
                              1998 BLB Champions
                              2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
                              Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Working...
                              X