X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1980 - Sim 9

Go Colts

3-4 This week. Lost 3 1 run games to Pawtucket. :x

My pitching has been great but my offense is struggling without Jose Sanchez, who's out for another week.

Another 2 win week for the Freedom. We're going to have to turn it around soon.
    Maine Guides
    General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
    Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
    Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
    8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
    30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

4-2, going 2-1 vs. Los Lunas and Pawtucket. Finally, a winning week.

Comment

4-3

Three way tie for 3rd place in the Stout Division.
        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Not a bad sim, I gained 0.5 games. Abe has been tearing it up too, 21.2 straight innings without an earned run.

Comment

Wow, I actually won a series against Carolina. Something to build on. 5-1, 3.5 back.
            WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
            Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
            Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
            Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
            BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
            Hall of Famers: 4
            Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
            Stout Sluggers: 2
            New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
            You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic
              Wow, I actually won a series against Carolina. Something to build on. 5-1, 3.5 back.
              Yep, good week for you. 3-3 this week for the Tobs, lost 2 games on Davenport. I gotta make a move.
              Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

I wish I could have watched the Pawtucket/Maine series live instead of the craptastic game last night lead by Rex Grossman.

Comment

Originally posted by mahoney2
                  I wish I could have watched the Pawtucket/Maine series live instead of the craptastic game last night lead by Rex Grossman.
                  I know he's inconsistent, but I guess handling the C to QB exchange was just too much for him last night.

Comment

Re: SIM COMPLETE - 1980 - Sim 9

Originally posted by Andrew
                    Go Colts
                    Wasn't that sort of like rooting for Golaith against David without a slingshot? Who was that Chicago QB, by the way? That was really gross, man.

Comment

4-3, lost 2 of 3 to Hyunday, but swept the sin city series. Now only 1 game back, despite being only 3 games above .500. I am pshyched to see this race heat up! Denver is 1.5 back now, and I'm the only team of the three that has led the division yet this year, but I will!

Kelly Carpenter is having a great year, he's 8-1. Terry Drewitt is leading our team with 13 HR's and he's in the leadoff spot!

It's to bad the rest of my pitching staff has struggled, or we'd be rolling over our division.
                      Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

5-1 and gained a little breathing room this sim. I'm used to going 5-1 and losing a half game to Windy City but not this time.

I lost Buzzell for four weeks though. Tough decision on who to call up to take his roster spot. I've got a guy in AAA who plays all four infield spots and is hitting .340 with nine homers but he is 30 and has never shown much before. Or I can try last year's starting second baseman who bombed early this season after a decent season last year.

Comment

I'm just looking forward to having the draftees entered :) Actually have something to do besides watch my bums hit collectively in the .180/.190s.

Comment

Originally posted by Khrog
                            I'm just looking forward to having the draftees entered :) Actually have something to do besides watch my bums hit collectively in the .180/.190s.
                            They'll be entered on Tuesday :D

I have to say Khrog, I'm glad we got you to take over California. Not many people would take the debacle you inherited and still be here every sim, putting in the effort. I was excited to win the trophy last year but it was somewhat tainted since I was the recipient of a favorable initial draft. If you ever get California there, it will be quite the accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                              Originally posted by Khrog
                              They'll be entered on Tuesday :D

I have to say Khrog, I'm glad we got you to take over California. Not many people would take the debacle you inherited and still be here every sim, putting in the effort. I was excited to win the trophy last year but it was somewhat tainted since I was the recipient of a favorable initial draft. If you ever get California there, it will be quite the accomplishment.
                              There are some guys in the minors that give some hope plus I think that I had a really strong draft. I'm projecting at least another season of dismal ball, but I expect to flirt with losing in the high 90s rather than 110-120.

I should also mention that I think that my offense is under achieving...not that they should be "good", but I think batting in the .215 - .225 range is where they really should be at.

Comment

Working...
                              X