X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have you gone?

Joe Reyes?

http://ootp.oldredboat.com/news/html...layer_575.html

This guy was an absolute beast in Pittsburgh, arguably the best hitter in the league. He put up mediocre numbers last year...terrible by his standards, and he's practically disappeared this season.

Here's another...

Mutsohito Kuramochi
    http://ootp.oldredboat.com/news/html...layer_125.html

Unhittable in 1978 with his 283 Ks. Downhill since...

Any others?

Comment

When players decline at the end of their career, their skills really drop off a cliff. Reyes was clearly a recipient of Pittsburgh bandbox-style ballpark, while Kuramochi is a few years older and looks to be cooked at this point, imo.
      SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
      NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
      1998 BLB Champions
      2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
      Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skerik
        When players decline at the end of their career, their skills really drop off a cliff. Reyes was clearly a recipient of Pittsburgh bandbox-style ballpark, while Kuramochi is a few years older and looks to be cooked at this point, imo.
        Yah there's gentle decline in the OOTP world. Once they hit the wall, they're all done. Makes me wonder why I just traded for a 35 year old 3B. At least we're seeing that players decline at different ages though.

Comment

Yeah, the Matador looks done. Reyes I still have hope for if he moves to the DL. But alas, I don't need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
            Here's another...

Mutsohito Kuramochi

This post sure makes me wonder what I should do about Lacour, who at 38 is pitching even better than he did last year. I was planning to make a serious effort to resign him, since I don't think I'll be strong enough to contend next season without him.

Kuramochi going from one of the best to practically worthless in one year makes be wonder if it wouldn't be wise to make this year my last bite at the apple with this group and start rebuilding next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman
              Here's another...

Mutsohito Kuramochi

This post sure makes me wonder what I should do about Lacour, who at 38 is pitching even better than he did last year. I was planning to make a serious effort to resign him, since I don't think I'll be strong enough to contend next season without him.

Kuramochi going from one of the best to practically worthless in one year makes be wonder if it wouldn't be wise to make this year my last bite at the apple with this group and start rebuilding next year.
              Do you even have the money?!?!

Comment

This is when I would try to sign the guy to a 1 year deal, similar to what I did with Au-Yong last year. I'm not sure that would fly with Lacour though. I can't believe how well he's pitching at 38.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew

This is when I would try to sign the guy to a 1 year deal, similar to what I did with Au-Yong last year. I'm not sure that would fly with Lacour though. I can't believe how well he's pitching at 38.

TEST HIM FOR STEROIDS!!!

Comment

Here's another...

Mutsohito Kuramochi

Do you even have the money?!?!
                    It depends on what you mean by "have the money". I have no idea why my owner lets me spend as much as he does. He gives me a budget that is about $15 million over my projected revenue and then he even allows me to exceed that. I'm not sure if he just can't do arithmetic or he has confidence in my ability to manuever to keep us in the black.

Comment

It depends on what you mean by "have the money". I have no idea why my owner lets me spend as much as he does. He gives me a budget that is about $15 million over my projected revenue and then he even allows me to exceed that. I'm not sure if he just can't do arithmetic or he has confidence in my ability to manuever to keep us in the black.
                      Apologies if I'm completely off base on this, but I think you're supposed to manage that. That is to say, you're not supposed to rely on the "Your owner has given approval for this deal" to manage your budget. You're supposed to manage your budget.
                      SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
                      NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
                      1998 BLB Champions
                      2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
                      Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew

Good idea. He's asking for two but if he turns down the modest (by Lacourian standards) two-year deal I'm offering this sim, I'll maybe see if he'll go for a sweet one year deal. That would leave me in good shape to solve all of my financial problems the following year. I have a feeling he will say no but it is worth a try.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how much is he looking for per?

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how much is he looking for per?
                            Almost exactly what he is making now.

Comment

Originally posted by Skerik
                              Apologies if I'm completely off base on this, but I think you're supposed to manage that. That is to say, you're not supposed to rely on the "Your owner has given approval for this deal" to manage your budget. You're supposed to manage your budget.
                              That is the case currently, but something I'm thinking about changing for next year. Currently it's set to "entire budget available" but I'm thinking about setting it to "owner controls budget".

It just seems to keep things more in check during my testing. I'm going to look at this quite a bit over the next couple weeks and hopefully get Markus to make some major changes to the financial system in OOTP 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X