Winter League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter League

There was some discussion earlier about adding a winter league but I can't find it now. It seems to me if we did that it would be sensible to make it a rookie league and restrict it to new draftees and other players under 21 or something like that.

The current system is kind of strange as we play half a season of A ball before the draft and then our A rosters are completely overhauled mid season but the team records are carried over to the new rosters. It would also be fun to see how our new players would do against each other rather than them having to compete against the ringers many teams keep in the low minors. It might be a more interesting off-season diversion than a winter league open to all players.

Re: Winter League

Originally posted by Riverman
    There was some discussion earlier about adding a winter league but I can't find it now. It seems to me if we did that it would be sensible to make it a rookie league and restrict it to new draftees and other players under 21 or something like that.

The current system is kind of strange as we play half a season of A ball before the draft and then our A rosters are completely overhauled mid season but the team records are carried over to the new rosters. It would also be fun to see how our new players would do against each other rather than them having to compete against the ringers many teams keep in the low minors. It might be a more interesting off-season diversion than a winter league open to all players.
    The discussion was in the OOTP 2007 forum down below.

I agree. I regret not adding a rookie level when we first started, that ran from July until September or so. This is something we can consider when moving to OOTP 2007 though. Would people be opposed to adding another level of minor league on top of the winter league?

I think it would be fairly easy to manage since it would be almost all recently drafted players at that level.

Comment

I'm all for it.

I agree with what Riverman is saying. I have 3 minor league teams either in first or second place, but now I have to shake everything up by adding 15 rookies into the mix.

Comment

The more BLB the better as far as I'm concerned. Every week I am learning more and more and looking forward to getting further and further into the depth of the game.
        The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Working...
        X