News Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Features

This site has a news system built in. Basically, you can submit articles using the Submit News button which I can then approve and will be posted on the main page. You can do something as simple as typing in text, to full html.

What news features would you guys like to see? These would be articles written on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis (in game time). I'll be looking for volunteers to do these, so try to think of stuff you might want to contribute. These will all count towards participation bonuses.

An example of one I will probably do is the Baseball America Prospect Report. I'm not sure if any of you get these, but Baseball America sends out a daily report on notable performances by prospects for each organization. I'll try to do this on a weekly basis. Here's an example:

Code:
    -------------------------  Batters ------------------------ 

ORG LVL PLAYERS                        AB  R  H  BI   AVG
    ARI AAA Callaspo, Alberto SS  .......   6  2  4   3  .300 - 2 SB (4)
    ARI AAA Quentin, Carlos RF  .........   5  0  2   1  .263 - 2B
    ARI AA  Montero, Miguel C  ..........   6  0  2   0  .286
    ARI AA  Gonzalez, Alberto SS  .......   7  1  3   0  .245 - 2B (8)

ATL AAA Thorman, Scott 1B  ..........   5  1  1   1  .311 - HR (8)
    ATL AA  Prado, Martin 2B  ...........   4  1  2   0  .273

BOS AAA Pedroia, Dustin SS  .........   3  1  3   0  .261 - 2B
    BOS HiA Ellsbury, Jacoby CF  ........   3  2  2   2  .329 - HR (2), SB (9)
    BOS LoA Natale, Jeff 2B  ............   4  1  2   2  .336 - HR (9)

Ellsbury...playing for the Wilmington Blue Rocks. The kid is pretty good. Unfortunately, since the Blue Rocks became an affiliate of the Red Sox, we haven't had the chance to see too many good players come through Wilmington. Under the Royals, we got to see the likes of Jon Lieber, Johnny Damon, Carlos Beltran, Angel Berroa, Sal Fasano...the list goes on and on.

I guess when you're as bad as the Royals, you're picking from the cream of the crop yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
      Ellsbury...playing for the Wilmington Blue Rocks. The kid is pretty good. Unfortunately, since the Blue Rocks became an affiliate of the Red Sox, we haven't had the chance to see too many good players come through Wilmington. Under the Royals, we got to see the likes of Jon Lieber, Johnny Damon, Carlos Beltran, Angel Berroa, Sal Fasano...the list goes on and on.

I guess when you're as bad as the Royals, you're picking from the cream of the crop yearly.
      Johnny Damon ... Carlos Beltran ... Sal Fasano. Nice list.
      Maine Guides
      General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
      Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
      Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
      Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
      8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
      30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by TheLetterZ
        Originally posted by Sully

Johnny Damon ... Carlos Beltran ... Sal Fasano. Nice list.
        I got a laugh at the Philly game last weekend. I was lucky enough to sit near "Sal's Pal's" out in RF. They were pretty loud and went nuts when he came up, even though he went 0-3 with 2 K's.

Comment

Working...
        X