1981 Amateur Draft and Utility Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 Amateur Draft and Utility Info

- The draft will start Sunday May 13 at 9pm ET.
    - DH's (no position listed) are not eligible to be selected.

Draft Utility
    http://ootp.oldredboat.com/cgi-bin/draft.html

- Time per pick will be 12 waking hours for the 1st Round, 2nd Round and both Sandwich rounds. Starting with the 3rd round, it will change to 6 waking hours.
    - The time displayed in the utility is in MT. (2 hours behind ET)
    - Waking hours are between 9AM and 11PM ET. (7AM - 9PM MT)
    - If a team's time expires, a player will be automatically selected for them from their Draft list. If the Draft list is empty, the utility will pick a player for them.
    - All players are rated 1 in everything in order to hide the real ratings. This results in highly inconsistent results when auto-drafting. It is highly recommended that you keep the Draft list populated if you are going to be away.
    - Passwords have been sent. PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD.

Notes on using the Draft Utility:
    - Checking "Auto-draft using draft list" will automatically select the highest ranked player in your list.
    - Checking "Auto-draft" will automatically select a player as decided by the utility. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
    - If neither option is checked, you will have the opportunity to enter your pick when you're on the clock.
    - Make sure to click "Save" after you edit your list.

We are doing everything with the utility and in the forums, correct? We're not trying to do anything live?
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay
      We are doing everything with the utility and in the forums, correct? We're not trying to do anything live?
      Just echoing Clay's question. I can't remember what we decided (whether to use the utilitly exclusively or to do a couple of rounds via the forums).

Again, I'd prefer to do at least the first (and possibly the second) rounds in the forums to facilitate trades and plan around adjusting to seeing what players have been taken amonst the most talented players.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay
        We'll do everything in the utility, but there will be a draft discussion thread as well. I'm hoping a time limit is added to the utility this week, in which case people will have plenty of time for trades, etc.

Comment

1st post has been updated again. Please re-read the entire post as I've made some important edits.

AGAIN... PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE YOUR DRAFT PASSWORD.

Comment

I don't like my password.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
              I don't like my password.
              Oh really? What is it? :twisted:
              T.J. Cutini
              Denver Bulls
              tjdasportsguy@gmail.com
              AIM - TJdaSportsGuy

Comment

The utility has been updated. please note the following additions to the draft procedure:

- Time per pick will be 12 waking hours for the 1st Round, 2nd Round and both Sandwich rounds. Starting with the 3rd round, it will change to 6 waking hours.
                - Waking hours are between 9AM and 11PM ET.

The time until the next pick is displayed on the "Draft Report" screen.

Also, the utility will now display more than 50 players per page, so you should be able to setup your lists completely.

Comment

There's a slight glitch in the utility with the time. It pulls the current time from the sever, which is in MT and I can't edit this.

So the time displayed on the draft report page is in MT. MT is 2 hours behind ET.

Waking hours are still 9AM to 11PM ET (7AM to 9PM MT)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                    The time displayed on the draft report page is in MT. MT is 2 hours behind ET.

Waking hours are still 9AM to 11PM ET (7AM to 9PM MT)
                    bumped as a reminder.

Also, please notify immediately if you experience any issues with the draft utility. If it's a major issue, please post it in the forums so the next pick can be postponed until the issue is resolved. This is our first year using it, so there's bound to be problems.

Comment

The only thing I don't like about the utility is that on the player report, it doesn't display the position of the player taken.
                      WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                      Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                      Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                      Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                      BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                      Hall of Famers: 4
                      Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                      Stout Sluggers: 2
                      New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                      You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic
                        The only thing I don't like about the utility is that on the player report, it doesn't display the position of the player taken.
                        It does for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Squint
                          It does for me.
                          That's odd, just shows the name for me.
                          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

It does for me.
                            On your team's selection report it shows both, but on the "Draft Report" it just shows the name. I'll forward this to the creator and he should add it for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                              It does for me.
                              On your team's selection report it shows both, but on the "Draft Report" it just shows the name. I'll forward this to the creator and he should add it for next season.
                              Right on the selection page it shows, but when you're looking at the list of players already taken, it's easier to cross names off the list if you at least knew if they were a pitcher or position player.

No worries.
                              WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS

Comment

Working...
                              X