Rule V Reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule V Reminder

Just FYI because I've gotten quite a few RULE V lists.... if I haven't mentioned it this season, I don't open these PMs until the time of the RULE V (just in case I want to draft someone), so if any of these PMs have specific questions for me separate from the RULE V, please send them in their own PM.

Just don't want anyone to be waiting on an answer from me.

Thanks!
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Reminder. Draft is tomorrow. No files will be imported.

If you've traded for Rule V eligible players, please be sure to add PreSim to add player to your 40 man.

Any trades for Rule V players or Rule V picks by teams with a full 40 man roster will not be valid.

SIM will go through 12/1/91 so FA will begin Wednesday.
    The Great One!

Comment

For rule V trades do they have to be on "Active" roster or just 40 man roster??
      PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
      Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
      DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
      Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
      Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

Originally posted by funclown View Post
        For rule V trades do they have to be on "Active" roster or just 40 man roster??
        Philly Freedom
        Owner & GM: 1987 - Pres.
        Porter Div. Champs (Mbr '84-'15): 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1991, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2011
        Stout Div. Champs (Mbr '78-'83 & '16-present): 2016, 2017
        IL Wild Card Winner: 1987, 2013, 2018, 2019
        Import League Champs: 1984, 2010, 2017

Comment

If you receive one in a TRADE... they just have to be 40-man.

If you get one in the RULE V draft... they have to be on ACTIVE.
          The Great One!

Comment

Question about the trades and forty man roster:

First, regarding trades before the Rule V, I thought this was outlawed two seasons ago after the Syracuse-Wilmington trade for Stu McGee (http://simgamingnetwork.com/forums/s...ight=stu+mcgee). I'm fairly certain after that, we banned trades after the pre-rule V sim, which would have been Friday's. Of course, I've already taken advantage of trades being available this year by moving Paek, so I'm not trying to be hypocritical. Just wanting to know, that moving forward, are we saying that these trades will always be legal?

Second, in the past, we've been able to trade for guys and/or pick in the Rule V and in turn make a presim move to release a guy from the 40-man to make room. The above thread is a good example. From what I'm reading this year, it doesn't appear as though we're allowed to do that anymore. I would argue that if we're allowed to trade away guys before Monday's sim, we should also be able to make pre-draft roster moves, specifically releasing guys from the 40 man to make room for incoming players, as well.

I couldn't find anything in the rules and also tried spending a few minutes searching through the Rules sub forum, but couldn't find any written rules about the draft. It might be a good idea to draft up some quick parameters and add them to the Rules page IMO. Thanks folks, and specifically Commissioner Champ of course.
            Charlotte Knights - OSFL
            Syracuse Slammers - BLB
            South America - 1984 WBC Runner Up

Comment

Trades are legal (albeit a pain in the ass for me). However, like the Rule V draft itself, have to have 40 man room to trade for Rule V eligible players.

People already bitched that I didn't give them fair warning about Rule V coming.
              The Great One!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                Trades are legal (albeit a pain in the ass for me). However, like the Rule V draft itself, have to have 40 man room to trade for Rule V eligible players.

People already bitched that I didn't give them fair warning about Rule V coming.
                Understood, and I'm not trying to say anything about the fair warning.

I guess my thought is that, as we have in the past, are we able to PRE SIM release a guy from the 40-man to make room for a player in a trade.

Past example: http://simgamingnetwork.com/forums/s...0454#post90454
                Charlotte Knights - OSFL
                Syracuse Slammers - BLB
                South America - 1984 WBC Runner Up

Comment

Just make sure PRE-SIM is clear.

We'll get something in the Rule book for next season to avoid these issues.
                  The Great One!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                    Just make sure PRE-SIM is clear.

We'll get something in the Rule book for next season to avoid these issues.
                    I don't you provided a decent heads up.
                    PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
                    Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
                    DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
                    Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
                    Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X