SIM COMPLETE - 91-92 - Free Agency 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elprez98 View Post
    In other news, we signed Kubota, who was #1 on our must have list. I think his production does well in replacing what we lost in Campo, and this should solidify us long term at catcher.

We also signed Dewitt Michael, former Sin City starter. At just under 5 million/per, I think he's a good signing for the money and I'd like to have a bit of wiggle room for deadline trades. Going after the prizes of Goodwin and Toapanta just wouldn't do that for me. Still looking for a 1 or 2 more signings but I'm happy with what we've gotten so far.
    You almost had me fooled with that "sign 2 players and still have less of a budget that Batavia" talk.

I think I'm a cool $22 mil under ya now!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      You almost had me fooled with that "sign 2 players and still have less if a budget that Batavia" talk.

I think I'm a cool $22 mil under ya now!
      You've got a 79 mil budget. I'm at 80 million now and will still field a pretty decent team. Cali is on the ropes and Philly is rebuilding, no more little guy talk, you need to finish 2nd this year.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
      - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
      - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
      - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Use all $100 mil baby...give Virginia a scare!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Use all $100 mil baby...give Virginia a scare!
          Nah. I like the new fiscally responsible Baltimore.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
          - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
          - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
          - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

And with that...I believe my annual exercise in futility known as "Free Agency" is now over. I was out-bid for Kubota, and Cahill insisted on a 5-year contract with me. I'm pissed he signed somewhere else for essentially 2 years. So much for Loyalty ratings. Fuck you, you worn out piece of shit. Viva Cavadas!
            Last edited by Gyrodork; 12-29-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X