SIM COMPLETE - 1981 - Regular Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1981 - Regular Season 2

I imported 2 minor league teams (Boulder and Silver City) so please check to make sure everything worked correctly. I'm still worried about this system working correctly due to the duplicate player issue. For those teams that have a minor league manager, please make sure you understand the process before doing anything. If you have any questions, please ask.

- Please upgrade to the latest patch before Tuesday's sim.
    - Please check your minor league teams and DFA's before each sim. I've had to make a bunch of transactions for people so far and it slows down the sim a lot. I'm going to start fining teams for DFA (as written in the rules) next sim.
    - The draft time limit will be set to 6 waking hours when I get a chance tomorrow. It will remain at 6 for the rest of the draft.

damn, i had some epic battles vs. pitt and sin city. too bad i was on the losing end of most of those. :( 7-6 ain't too shabby... and looks like our division is gonna be a rough go of it this year.

Comment

5-2 this week, just didn't hit in 2 losses.

Good job by my pitching staff all around.
      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Great. We lose every game, and Woodbury goes down to place my entire starting outfield on the disabled list.
        Maine Guides
        General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
        Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
        Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
        Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
        8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
        30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

5-1 for us including a nice little four game sweep of Windley. :D

Speaking of which, our prospect 25yr old catcher Reno Sanchez has stepped in nicely early on after Windley's departure hitting .311 with 2 HR's so far.

Theodore and McEvoy have yet to get a decision, but our starters are a combined 5-0. Still toying with bringing Cobellan back up eventually but I'm waiting to see if it's gonna be Hernandez or Buller to go. So far the kid Buller's doing well.

Rick Hoover seems to be recovered from his injury last year and in the leadup spot is batting .385 and is leading the league in runs scored.

We usually start a little slow so it's nice to see us off to a good beginning.
          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
          Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
          Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
          BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
          Hall of Famers: 4
          Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
          Stout Sluggers: 2
          New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
          You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

3-4 is decent.

Someone tell Gremades that he has my permission to hit a home run.

Comment

3-3, still in last place, but only 4.5 games back. This is going to be a tough division this year.

Had some great performances from our SP's, except for Gug's who's having trouble early on this season.

We lost our best player, Alberto Grandon for 4 weeks, so that is going to hurt.

If it wasn't for the loss of Grandon I would have given this sim a thumbs up, but that injury really hurts, we can't fall behind to much in this division. HUGE series against my arch-nemesis on Tuesday.
              Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash
                5-2 this week, just didn't hit in 2 losses.

Good job by my pitching staff all around.
                I called the O'Laughlin/Ponte matchup as a potential classic...

J. O'Loughlin 7.0 innings - 2 hits - 0 ER 1 BB - 4K - WIN
                J. Ponte 8.0 innings - 5 hits - 1 ER - 1 BB - 5K - LOSS
                The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

3-2. Sitting at 3rd in the Stout at 6-5.

Lost two to Los Almos and then swept Philadelphia. Lost another player to injury, my catcher for two weeks.

Next week: 4-game series against Wilmington then a 3-game series in Baltimore. Could really give me an idea of where my team stands in the division this year.

Joe Sierra is hitting .533 with a 1.505 OPS! 24 Hits in 45 ABs. 2 Ks.
                  Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                  Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                  Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

[quote="Clay"]
                    Originally posted by liquidcrash
                    I called the O'Laughlin/Ponte matchup as a potential classic...

J. O'Loughlin 7.0 innings - 2 hits - 0 ER 1 BB - 4K - WIN
                    J. Ponte 8.0 innings - 5 hits - 1 ER - 1 BB - 5K - LOSS
                    Great pitchers duel in that game, definitely lived up to expectations. Tough loss for Ponte. My entire staff was lights out that series.
                    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Is the new HTML up? I'm still seeing the last sim.

Comment

Originally posted by mahoney2
                        Is the new HTML up? I'm still seeing the last sim.
                        It looks updated now.

In fact, the image pack is even updated in the HTML this week.
                        The Great One!

Comment

3-3 this week. All close games. Blew a 2 run lead in the 9th against the Guides, but pulled out a 13 inning win against the Dinos.

Comment

Went 3-4 this week with my bats cooling down significantly.

O'Laughlin won the pitching dual with Ponte 1-0... then we proceded to get shutout the next two games (4-0 and 8-0) against the Tobs. I don't have a great history against many teams, but the Tobs just own me.

Started a 4 game set with Baltimore and got back to back great outing from my old-timers to take the first two. Then my 1-2 guys both lost their weekend starts to split the series 2-2. Saturday... O'Laughlin pitched another decent game, but got killed by 4 UNEARNED RUNS.

Bill Johnson had another rough week at the plate and added two key errors in the field.

Rough sledding for Virginia so far... but I'm home for the next couple weeks. Maybe some home cookin' will turn this around. Hoping we can pounce of Philly while they are hurt and make up some ground in the division.
                            The Great One!

Comment

Can we start the playoffs now? Denver's 8-3 and leading the division!! Whoo Hoo!!
                              T.J. Cutini
                              Denver Bulls
                              tjdasportsguy@gmail.com
                              AIM - TJdaSportsGuy

Comment

Working...
                              X