Minor League Manager Contract - Please Sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor League Manager Contract - Please Sign

OK so here's the deal. The problem found by robster has made me very paranoid about allowing minor league managers to make changes. If done wrong, the game basically creates a duplicate player that I can't delete.

Before I will start accepting exports from minor league managers, both the Major League GM and Minor League Manager need to acknowledge here that they have read and understand the steps in this thread: http://ootp.oldredboat.com/modules.p...ewtopic&t=1010

I can't stress enough how important this is. When in doubt, don't export. Ask questions first.

So far exports are being accepted from:

Los Lunas/Boulder City
    Maine/Portsmouth
    Pittsburgh/Allentown

I believe I understand. Anytime the BLB manager makes a change to the minor league team, the BLB manager must export both teams. So basically I as the minor league manager just need to make sure the league file is up-to-date before I make any exports. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by brandon13
      I believe I understand. Anytime the BLB manager makes a change to the minor league team, the BLB manager must export both teams. So basically I as the minor league manager just need to make sure the league file is up-to-date before I make any exports. Correct?
      Right, and you make sure your copy of the league file is up to date by importing the changes he exported before making any of your changes.

Comment

OK, I've got it.

Comment

Done :)

When you've asked for changes to your AAA squad, ENSURE that the changes carried through when you import. If not, do not export!

Oh, it also helps that my BLB manager is always online so I can pester him about changes

Comment

I got with JJLinn, my GM, and I think I've got a good feel for what I'm supposed to do.

Andrew, I know you said you were worried about screwing the league up, but cant you back up the league in case of error?

Comment

Originally posted by chippered
              I got with JJLinn, my GM, and I think I've got a good feel for what I'm supposed to do.

Andrew, I know you said you were worried about screwing the league up, but cant you back up the league in case of error?
              Yes, I back up before every sim but I don't really want to revert back after a sim. Also, it would be a problem if the issue isn't noticed for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                Originally posted by chippered

Yes, I back up before every sim but I don't really want to revert back after a sim. Also, it would be a problem if the issue isn't noticed for a long time.
                Yeah, I see what you mean.

Comment

I understand the process.

All the BLB GM's understand how to export their minor league team after making transactions, correct?
                  Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre

When you've asked for changes to your AAA squad, ENSURE that the changes carried through when you import. If not, do not export!

Oh, it also helps that my BLB manager is always online so I can pester him about changes
                    Are you trying to say that I have no life? :)
                    Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by robster1225
                      Originally posted by Spectre

Are you trying to say that I have no life? :)
                      Yes

Comment

Working...
                      X