Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIM COMPLETE - 92-93 - Off-Season 1 (Take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 92-93 - Off-Season 1 (Take 2)

(Sorry... screwed up the first time and went 1 day to far... should be fixed now)

NEXT SIM: Friday @ TBD

NOTES:
    - Salary Arbitration is upon us. Make sure you submit those offers.
    - If you want to be eligible for COMP picks, make sure you offer Arbitration to FAs.
    - RULE V DEADLINE!!!! No Drama this season!!!! All moves related to the RULE V must be completed by Friday's SIM.

I'm was thinking about throwing together a proposal for the Rules Forum about the Awards voting. We've always kept the in and out of game awards separate. Is this something we want to look at?

THANKS!!!!
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

EDIT: nevermind we're good, never read your last point about awards.
    Toronto Canadians - 2004-
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2022
    Domestic League Champions: 2021, 2022
    Ale Division Champions: 2021, 2022
    DL Wildcard: 2019, 2020

Davenport Brawlers - 1988 to 1998
    Bock Division Champions: 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1995

Comment

You can manually enter the winners of the awards right? I think that should be done when you're prompted to do so. I'd like to see that consistency in the History. As of now, I have to pretend that one is a Players Award (in-game) and one is the League Award (our voting).

For anyone curious: Potential Free Agents should already be checked off as being offered arbitration in the Arbitration Screen. So you shouldn't have to do anything if you want to offer arbitration. If you DON'T, you need to uncheck the player.

Remember, that if a player accepts Arbitration, you are responsible for that player's contract at a rate the arbiter sets. Notice that you have no idea what that number might be. So you run that risk.
      Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
        You can manually enter the winners of the awards right? I think that should be done when you're prompted to do so. I'd like to see that consistency in the History. As of now, I have to pretend that one is a Players Award (in-game) and one is the League Award (our voting).
        I agree. We've just always had it the other way. I think I can add the Last Call as a Custom Award also so the in-game will start tracking that.
        The Great One!

Comment

I'd say put it up for vote but it'll never pass.
          Denver Bulls

Comment

FA Types should be visible now too.
            The Great One!

Comment

I think we should manually vote for awards as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                - RULE V DEADLINE!!!! No Drama this season!!!! All moves related to the RULE V must be completed by Friday's SIM.
                Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't want to be the drama queen this time around...

I have two players that were placed on the 60-day DL and are still injured. But they're both eligible for the Rule V draft. The game won't let me put them on the 40-man roster. Are they protected if they're still injured and/or on the DL?

BTW: My wish for humanity (and OOTP 12): Put in a freakin' UNDO menu item!!!
                Last edited by Gyrodork; 03-16-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

They're not protected.

But, no one will be allowed to draft them (well, they will, but as a league we don't allow it).

It's a flaw in the game. In real life, at the end of the year, all DL closes, and guys on the 60 day DL have to be re-added to the 40 man roster.

In OOTP, it just keeps them on the 60 day DL, but leaves them open to Rule V draft.

It's not how it's supposed to work... but I guess it's one of those quirky program faults Markus accidentally left in the game.
                  California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                  Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                  Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                  Porter Division Champions:
                  1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                  , 2000
                  Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

What Linty said....

If they're on the 60 day and still injured, they're safe. We just trust that you'll put them back on the 40 man as soon as they're available.
                    The Great One!

Comment

Thank you both. They'll be going back on the active (and 40-man) roster.

Comment

So I'm just noticing now, we lost all news prior to what happened this sim.

Is this permanent or just a result of the current HTML file?
                        Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
                          So I'm just noticing now, we lost all news prior to what happened this sim.

Is this permanent or just a result of the current HTML file?
                          The News section is still there in the HTML.

When you re-do a file, or update your image pack, all news items vanish though... same with emails, once the images are updated, all you will see is blank emails.
                          California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                          Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                          Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                          Porter Division Champions:
                          1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                          , 2000
                          Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Interesting. I always wondered why that happened.

Cue: The More You Know logo.
                            Denver Bulls

Comment

I can try to fix it today or over the weekend. Just rushing to get new league file out so didn't mess with news.
                              The Great One!

Comment

Working...
                              X