2010 Rookie Debut News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLetterZ View Post
    He may have just gotten lost in Morgantown's minor league system. He wasn't promoted to AAA until he was 28 years old, despite hitting the crap out of the ball at AA for several years.
    Yeah, I think he had a real chance to be something but plastic wasn't very active with promotions.

Hopefully there is something there still...otherwise it's a waisted roster spot.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

I expect this thread to get some activity with Roster Expansion. In Washington, the Bats are calling up two Top 100 prospects, to continue development and get used to the BLB. While they aren't post-season eligible both are likely to make the roster out of Spring Training 2011.

3B Ron Liverett

Currently the #48 Ranked Prospect in the BLB, Liverett is an interesting player. OSA has his potential 5-6-5-5-3, while my scout thinks much less of him. He switch hits. He is a DWI-quality fielder at 3B, who has versatility all over. Now 25-years-old, Liverett isn't technically making his debut...he was called up last year and appeared in eight games getting two ABs in September. This year however, the rookie will be given starts in September as he is likely a Spring Training invite.

CL Israel Rodriguez

Currently the #58 Ranked Prospect, the 23-year-old closer-in-waiting will be given a small bullpen role down the stretch. This call up is to continue his development, learning what it's like in the BLB. He still has a ways to go with his control but his stuff and movement are already top notch and he will be on the 25-man roster for 2011.
      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

All I can say is, one hell of a fill-in during Infante's absence. He even earns the start at SS versus righties.

3B/SS Katsushi Matsumoto

Homegrown kid drafted rnd 5, pck 23 in 2003. Intl High Schooler came up slowly thru our farm system usually getting a bump up only cuz he reached a certain age. OPSing above .700 twice both in A, but my scout always liked his contact and HATED his eye. We kept him around as a AAAA defensive replacement. Sure enough he got the call this season.

58 at bats .328 ave/ .792OPS and of course the reason he brought up his defense : No errors 1.028 EFF at SS.

Might just be one of those seasons where everything goes well, but always time to celebrate production out of a late 5th rounder. Remainder of the season he will get some starts against righty pitching spelling Tex Watts & Travis Zuk.

The kid earned it.
        PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
        Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
        DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
        Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
        Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

Working...
        X