Clear All

• 2010 BLB Amateur Draft Beginning Thurs 1/29

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...draftBoard.php

Draft Order: (pre-trades)

Spoiler

Pick Time Limits:

1st Round and 2nd Round: 4 hours
    Remaining Rounds: 2 hours

The draft clock runs between 8am and 11pm ET. The utility will autopick for you if you go over your time. Managers who go over their time limit will be placed on Autopick until they return. Please make use of the preference list to avoid going over the time limit.

Let me know if you have any questions on how to use the utility.

Preference List Usage

- To add players to your Preference List click the check box next to their name and click the 'Add to List' button. You can then move players up and down the list or remove them using the provided buttons.

Team War Room

The Team War Room is available only to logged in users who are currently in control of a team as defined in the league file. From here, teams can review the available players, see what picks they’ve made and when their next ones are due, manage their draft list, configure their auto draft settings, and manually draft players if it is their turn to pick.

To add players to the draft list, click the check box next to their name, then click the Add To List button. You can add multiple players at once, and they are added in the order they appear on the page, not the order clicked. Use the up/down/remove buttons next to the draft list to manage the players once they’re on the list. The view button will take you to the HTML page of the highlighted player in the draft list.

There are three options under user preferences that GM’s should address:

Auto Draft From List: Checking this option tells the draft code to go ahead and pick the top player off your draft list should the draft come around to your pick. If you leave this box unchecked the draft will not auto select from your draft list even if it is your turn to pick.

Auto Draft…: Checking this check box tells the draft code to make an auto selection of your pick. If you have this box and the auto draft from list box checked, the draft code will first check your draft list for the first available player, and then auto your pick only if there are no available players left on your draft list. If this box is checked, but the auto draft from list box is not checked, your draft list will be ignored when the draft auto picks for your team.

…After Round: If you have the auto draft option checked, and entered a draft round number in this field, then the draft will wait until that round has completed before auto picking for your team. For example, a team may wish to make manual picks in their first three draft rounds, but auto pick the remaining 7 rounds of a 10 round draft. In that case, you would click the auto draft check box, and enter 3 in the draft round field. The utility will then auto select for you in rounds 4 and higher. If this field is left blank and the auto draft box is checked, then all rounds will be auto drafted. If this field contains a number, but the auto draft box is not checked, then no auto picks will be made even after the round specified. The save button will save both the draft list and the user preferences. You MUST click this button to save changes to your draft list.

If it is your team’s turn to pick in the draft, the “Add To List” button will be replaced by a button used to make a draft pick. In this case, check the box next to the player you wish to draft and click the button.

Remember to click 'Save' after you make any changes to your draft preferences or player preference list.

Also feel free to make a draft list in the Team Warroom. One of the great new features of Statslab is the "Export Draft List" link next to your Save button. After you make a list make sure you hit that button and save that file. That way if we need to reboot the utility you can use the "Import Draft List" and won't lose any work.

You are responsible for your draft picks in the utility. Please look over the official order, traded draft pick thread, and any trades...and verify your picks are correct. If you have an issue please post here and PM myself and Brad. If there are no complaints we can turn the draft on unofficially in a few days.

For now the first few picks should be correct so if Indy wants to kick things off by forum post feel free!

Good luck to all.
    Last edited by Matt; 01-24-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Indy selects The Venezuelan Dream, SP Willie "Hammerhead" Fajardo.

Had three guys I would have been comfortable taking here, but I feel like Fajardo has the best upside if everything pans out. Great stuff, with three plus pitches. He does have great work ethic, so hoping that control rating reaches it's potential. I see him as a potential Ace, though my scout is a little more conservative.
      Last edited by Ryan; 01-25-2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

As I posted in the Trade Block forum, I want to move into the top six or seven. Multiple first round picks available, as well as other possibilities.
        Maine Guides
        General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
        Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
        Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
        Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
        8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
        30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          Indy selects The Venezuelan Dream, SP Willie "Hammerhead" Fajardo.

Had three guys I would have been comfortable taking here, but I feel like Fajardo has the best upside if everything pans out. Great stuff, with three plus pitches. He does have great work ethic, so hoping that control rating reaches it's potential. I see him as a potential Ace, though my scout is a little more conservative.
          Was wondering if the "fragile" tag would scare you off. For sure the most ready in two seasons starter in the draft and most likely a #1-#2 starter as long as he stays healthy.
          PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
          Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
          DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
          Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
          Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

Fajardo is the clear number 1. Fragile tag makes you worry, but he's going to be a K machine.

Comment

Great pick Ryan. I agree with Sully. I think he is the most BLB ready SP of the group.
              Last edited by umd; 01-25-2015, 11:57 AM.
              Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
              Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
              IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
              Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
              Last Call '08 (Manning)
              New Brew '08 (Pulido)
              Desert Legends
              #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Right pick.

I look forward to the 7 players worth a first round pick being gone at 1.8, and then the 4 players worth a second being gone by 1.15.
                Charlotte Knights - OSFL
                Syracuse Slammers - BLB
                South America - 1984 WBC Runner Up

Comment

Just an FYI, I know Rob was having a bit of difficulty actually loading the game on his CPU, and since Z basically walked me through how to do it, I was no help to him. How long does he have to make his pick?

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
                    Just an FYI, I know Rob was having a bit of difficulty actually loading the game on his CPU, and since Z basically walked me through how to do it, I was no help to him. How long does he have to make his pick?
                    Probably about a week. This is just the pre-pre stages. It's all unofficial.
                    Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
                    Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
                    IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
                    Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
                    Last Call '08 (Manning)
                    New Brew '08 (Pulido)
                    Desert Legends
                    #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
                      So, Z walked you through it and you were no help. I'm missing something here. Since Rob is in my division I should probably give him a hand. Lager pride and all.
                      L.A. Dinos GM since '94
                      Lager Champs - '97, '99, '01, '07, '08, '09 '10 '11, '12
                      BLB Champs- '08

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                        So, Z walked you through it and you were no help. I'm missing something here. Since Rob is in my division I should probably give him a hand. Lager pride and all.
                        He showed me how to do it, and I wasn't able to retain the information lol. So when I tried to help rob, I didn't know how to set it up, so I was no help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          Lager pride? You haven't helped me with shit!
                          Toronto Canadians - 2004-
                          Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2022
                          Domestic League Champions: 2021, 2022
                          Ale Division Champions: 2021, 2022
                          DL Wildcard: 2019, 2020

Davenport Brawlers - 1988 to 1998
                          Bock Division Champions: 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1995

Comment

Originally posted by Spear View Post
                            Lager pride? You haven't helped me with shit!
                            You came from the IL. No help for you, one year.
                            L.A. Dinos GM since '94
                            Lager Champs - '97, '99, '01, '07, '08, '09 '10 '11, '12
                            BLB Champs- '08

Comment

We will turn the draft on (untimed) on Tuesday and the draft will start timed on Thursday 1/29.

Check your Team Warroom in the utility. If any picks looks out of place you have a few days to fix things.

Comment

Working...
                              X