X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 IL 1/3 season- races taking shape

The IL feels a bit different this season:

Stout

The usual two teams going at it. Once again on paper feels like DeathValley has the more talented team yet in OOTP it feels like game rejects over talent. Therefore, Wasington eeks out another division the final month. Morgatown has another sub .500 season (I'd do a full tear down) and Seattle looks to be fighting for a top 3 draft pick.

Bock

Windy City actually has competition, but neither Carolina nor Davenport can figure out how to beat them. Champs are always hard to knock out, but this isn't the Windy City of old. Still, until them Windy City takes the Bock again. Hope exist for a wildcard team between Davenport & Carolina so this division feels a bit stronger now. Los Alamos is stock piling,

Porter

I don't want to jinx Philly, but it's they're division to win now, I still think Batavia makes a late run making this interesting and Baltimore makes an effort, but both feel like 80-86 win teams at the moment and it's simply not enough. California has a slew of talent coming, just not now. See ya in 2012.

Wildcard

I'm going to earmark DeathValley for one, but the final spot is very much up for grabs where Davenport, Carolina, Batavia, Baltimore will stake claim to it. I'm going with Davenports pitching to get them thru, but might see a tie breaker with Batavia. Carolina blows the wildcard lead the two weeks. Baltimore hangs in there, but never grabs the lead.

Dynasties still roam the IL, but cracks are forming for a few dominate teams of the 00's. Think next season we get some hard changes.
    PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
    DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
    Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
    Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

I don't have anybody scary at the bottom of my lineup. We are about 83 wins and I think we'll need about 6 more to make some noise.

With the new perceived draft value, no one wants a 1st outside the top ten and we just don't have the talent on our system to be attractive trade partners.

Tough times in Baltimore.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
    - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
    - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
    - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Good write up, I agree with a lot of it.

I think Philly is the best team in the IL and might be the team to beat for years to come. They have the #1 rated defense, #1 starting rotation and #1 offense. Their only flaw at this point is bullpen, but they have had injuries there and I'm sure as the season progresses, they will get it cleaned up. I'm already regretting sending him CF Al Anguiano who appears to be the missing piece at the top of his lineup and in center field.

The defending champion Playboys aren't going anywhere just yet. This team doesn't look as strong as the team did in October, but they will come around. Travis Neal has been hurt. A handful of hitters have yet to find their groove (Fogelsong, Ortiz, Ramirez, Caplan). They still have an elite rotation, bullpen and when the bats eventually start hitting, they will be in championship form once again.

I'm surprised by the current hot streak my team is on but I'm not surprised to be leading the Stout. Anything can happen in this division and I think this will probably come down to the final week. DVS is all pitching. DC is all hitting. Somethings gotta give. I do see #2 in the Stout making the Wild Card play-in game however.

Speaking of, the Wild Card should be a lot of fun. If the standings hold, which they won't of course, but if they did, and it was September, it would be really exciting right now. Death Valley, Carolina, Davenport and Batavia are all separate in the Wild Card Game standings by 1/2 a game. At this point, I wouldn't call Baltimore out of it, but I don't think they have the team this year to keep pace with the four mentioned above.

Predictions at the 1/3 mark:

WC GAME = DVS vs. CAR
      #1 PHI vs. #4 CAR
      #2 DC vs. #3 WC
      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

We should hit better in August/September. Yamamoto hasn't really even played for us and Travis Anthony with be back. As of now, we're still scoring more runs than last year. I think we'll be right in the mix all season.
        Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
        Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
        IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
        Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
        Last Call '08 (Manning)
        New Brew '08 (Pulido)
        Desert Legends
        #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

2/3 mark-

Washington has a 12 game lead and Philly has a 20, so they will battle for the #1 seed going forward. Wind City has a four game lead over Carolina but the teams still have eight games remaining. The Tobs are slotted as the #1 WC, with Death Valley at #2, three games back. Davenport is probably the only realistic team to potentially challenge for the #2 WC spot but it won't be easy at seven games back.

Prediction- Standings remain exactly the same, with Philly surpassing DC for the #1 seed.

Comment

The races on the IL are really boring. I see Carolina hanging with WC a bit, but it feels like they are just playing with them.

Thought the wildcard would have a bit more drama, but Batavia simply can't put it together this season.
            PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
            Wildcard 91, 95, 12

Comment

My team is broke. Maybe next year. I'll be the first to admit I don't know anything other than ratings but thought we would pitch a lot better than we have.

Oh well at least we don't have to worry about the dual-commish playoff SIM schedule!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                My team is broke. Maybe next year. I'll be the first to admit I don't know anything other than ratings but thought we would pitch a lot better than we have.
                That defense didn't do them any favors...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  Oh well at least we don't have to worry about the dual-commish playoff SIM schedule!
                  Now everyone can just yell at you when you sim too late!
                  Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by funclown View Post
                    The races on the IL are really boring. I see Carolina hanging with WC a bit, but it feels like they are just playing with them.

Thought the wildcard would have a bit more drama, but Batavia simply can't put it together this season.
                    I have this awful feeling that I'm going to hate the one game WC playoff.
                    CAROLINA TOBS

Bock Division Champs - '99, '01, '10, '11, '12, '13

Brewmasters - '11

Comment

Originally posted by fsquid View Post
                      I have this awful feeling that I'm going to hate the one game WC playoff.
                      You will probably be facing the #1 pitcher in all of baseball, Gil Brummett.

Comment

Carolina has the easiest remaining schedule (.457%) of any IL team.

The only team with easier, (.456%) is Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

Woot!
                          Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
                            Woot!
                            I think Denver has a really good chance at being the #1 on the DL as the Ale teams beat up on each other a little.

Thank god!
                            PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
                            Wildcard 91, 95, 12

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

good
                              CAROLINA TOBS

Bock Division Champs - '99, '01, '10, '11, '12, '13

Brewmasters - '11

Comment

Working...
                              X