Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2030 Daily Keg - Week 11

(AP)

The Pilots hold onto the top spot with a 6-1 week, the best in the league. They are now 17-5 in June and have a 14 game lead in the Bock. The next biggest is Maine's 5 game lead over Wilmington in the Ale. The Wildcats went 5-2 this past week, with Phoenix and Syracuse each also getting five wins. On the bottom was Batavia at 1-5 and Pittsburgh at 1-6. Team stat of the week was Philadelphia with their 2.06 ERA that only allowed 13 runs. Unfortunately their offense only produced 25 and they went 3-3 this week, losing two games to Phoenix by the score of 1-0.

Power Rankings

1) Seattle Pilots (139.8, +)
    2) Maine Guides (125.6, +)
    3) Washington Bats (117.8, +)
    4) Wilmington Wildcats (117.6, +)
    5) Baltimore Bulldogs (112.1, --)
    6) Miami Sharks (105.3, +)
    7) Montreal Exports (101.9, -)
    8) Los Angeles Dinos (94.3, ++)
    9) New York Knights (93.6, o)
    10) Pawtucket Patriots (89.7, o)
    11) Philadelphia Freedom (89.1, +)
    12) Hartford Whalers (89.0, --)
    13) Phoenix Roadrunners (86.5, ++)
    14) Denver BC (86.3, --)
    15) Windy City Blues (84.4, +)
    16) Indianapolis Racers (81.1, +)
    17) Santo Domingo Rum Runners (79.5, -)
    18) New Orleans Dukes (78.5, --)
    19) Syracuse Snappers (74.0, +)
    20) Toronto Canadians (73.0, +)
    21) California Kodiaks (71.1, -)
    22) Pittsburgh Millers (64.1, -)
    23) Batavia Red Jackets (59.6, o)
    24) Carolina Tobs (45.2, o)

Performance of the Week

LF Dave Bowne - The Wildcats outfielder had the first 3 HR game of the season on June 23rd against Pittsburgh. In five at bats he had four hits and a walk, the three home runs, and five runs batted in. It was the highest batting score of the year and propelled Wilmington to a 10-6 victory. On the season Bowne is hitting .342 with 10 HR's and 31 RBI's.

Injury of the Week

C Alex Santiago - On June 23rd against the Racers the 25 year old Santiago smoked a double in the 7th which scored Micah Anderson and Ian James. He came up hobbling though and had to be replaced by a pinch runner. An MRI showed he had a torn hamstring and will be out of action for over a month. On the year he is hitting .320 with 12 HR's and 46 RBI's.

Prospect of the Week

RF Martin Christensen - The 19 year old from Santa Rosa, CA just finished his first season with the Wildcats and tore the cover off the ball. In 48 games he hit .361 with 19 HR's and 51 RBI's and was selected to the NCAA All-Star game. Scouts say he's extremely loyal to the team and "always gives an honest effort each day."

Five Things We Think We Think

1. Carolina is now 2-19 on the month and in solid position for the #1 pick in the 2031 draft. They will have to battle Batavia though who is only four games back from the top spot. These teams meet 11 more times this season, including a huge four game series September 16-19th. We will be tuning in.

2. When TJ Rowe was promoted to manager from bench coach the Bulldogs apparently got the signal to run early and often. This month they have attempted to steal 40 times, and were successful 34 of them, with Bruno Damours having nine of those. The next closest is Montreal with 29 attempts and 21 stolen bases.

3. There are quite a few single season records in reach this year. Jaime Rush (WIL) is on pace to fall seven short of his own hits record. Jamie Hutter (CHI) is on pace to fall six short of the steals record set by Sonny Fulton in 1978. Turell Morris (MAI) is on pace to shatter the home run and runs batted in records with 73 and 216 respectively. Akiyuki Kimura (MAI) is on pace to fall four short of the runs record set by Mel Woodbury in 1991. Dave Fisher (PAW) is on pace to break the doubles record of 66 set by Enrique Ferreira in 2007.

4. Speaking of possible achievements Johnny Swope of Seattle and Dave Theisen of Washington have legitimate shots at being the Triple Crown winners in the IL. Swope's currently 1st in average (.365) , home runs (23), and runs batted in (59) and Theisen is 1st in ERA (2.48), 2nd in wins (10) and 2nd in K's (101). Meanwhile in the race to .400 Jamie Rush needs to hit .398 the rest of the way to do it. He hit .357 this past week.

5. Johnny 'Twig' Berry had his hit streak snapped at 22 this past week against Phoenix on June 18th. No one else is even showing up on the radar to get fans excited again like they were for Jame Hutter's. He hit safely in 43 out of 44 games with just the hiccup in game 35 against Seattle. The only excitement now is waiting for New York Knights pitcher Fred Gerlach to come back from injury and see if he can continue on his 10 game losing streak. The last time he won a game in the BLB was in 2028.

Stat of the Week

In 1989 Manny Garcia was drafted by the Dallas Snappers with the 11th pick in the 3rd round. At 36 years old he debuted in the BLB in 2008 for the Denver BC. In the only seven games of his major league career he hit .222 with 3 HR's and 7 RBI's. In 2009 he appeared in two games for Denver's AAA club before calling it a career.
    .. ..

Enrique Ferreira? I have no idea who that is.

Great read Matt! Johnny Swope is having a monster year. Finally making me look good for taking him over Brooksher.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

I still think it’s Brookshear... Swope benefits from a much stronger team around him... but it’s a much closer second than it looked.

Great read Matt!
      GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
      Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
      Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
      Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Thanks for doing these, Matt.

Theisen is off to a great start. I don't know that he can win the Pitching Triple Crown, since he usually isn't able to go deep into games which will keep his K numbers down. Hopefully we can stay near the top in the other two categories though. According to the in-game accomplishments list, Pat Evans is the last (only?) pitcher to accomplish the feat in BLB history back in 2019. It says CJ Stripling won the hitting Triple Crown in 2025, but I don't remember that. I thought Ed Carroll may have done it at some point, but it looks like he never led all 3 categories. He did win 2 out of the 3 on 4 separate occasions.

Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post

Theisen is off to a great start. I don't know that he can win the Pitching Triple Crown, since he usually isn't able to go deep into games which will keep his K numbers down. Hopefully we can stay near the top in the other two categories though. According to the in-game accomplishments list, Pat Evans is the last (only?) pitcher to accomplish the feat in BLB history back in 2019. It says CJ Stripling won the hitting Triple Crown in 2025, but I don't remember that. I thought Ed Carroll may have done it at some point, but it looks like he never led all 3 categories. He did win 2 out of the 3 on 4 separate occasions.
          Shocking none of Clay’s players did it.
          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post

CJ did win that year:

Stripling Captures Triple Crown
            Monday, October 6th, 2025
            Bulldogs left fielder C.J. Stripling will look back on 2025 as a magical season after eclipsing his peers in the three major batting categories -- batting average, home runs and RBIs. He batted .370 with 38 home runs and 114 RBIs to pick up the 3rd Triple Crown in BLB play.

He was first in pretty much every offensive category that year.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
            - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
            - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
            - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Originally posted by Delandis

CJ did win that year:

Stripling Captures Triple Crown
              Monday, October 6th, 2025
              Bulldogs left fielder C.J. Stripling will look back on 2025 as a magical season after eclipsing his peers in the three major batting categories -- batting average, home runs and RBIs. He batted .370 with 38 home runs and 114 RBIs to pick up the 3rd Triple Crown in BLB play.

He was first in pretty much every offensive category that year.
              Don't tell Paul.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
                Don't tell Paul.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                That’s was Morla’s only season in a seven year stretch where he didn’t hit at least 0.350... That was a hell of a season... Too bad we have his twin in California now... His much shittier twin!
                GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
                Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
                Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
                Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Working...
                X