Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
    Good stuff Matt.

$15M is the before-tax amount I spent on Grant and Ngotho. I've got money to burn so it isn't a huge risk for me in terms of the financials, but it's a lot to pay for prospects. At least one of them is going to have to become a star in order to justify that kind of expense, if not both. But, it's a chance to land a couple of prospects that my scout/OSA think could be stars, and it's hard to find those guys.

They checked in as my #1 and #3 prospects on the html, but it's going to be several years before we can say if they're any good.
    I'm not sure there is any real risk here... If they both suck, the money to Washington is meaningless, and if, one, or both, hit, then the money was an absolute bargain...

You basically paid $5 million dollars for a top 5 pick... Who wouldn't make that trade?
    GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
    Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
    Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Originally posted by PaulC View Post
      You basically paid $5 million dollars for a top 5 pick... Who wouldn't make that trade?
      I think it’s a little bit different.

These are 16-18yo prospects that OSA and your scout have seen one time. A high school equivalent would be scouted for three years (12 reports per) and three seasons of feeder league stats. It is also very common for new amateurs once they are created to immediately have a much higher OSA potential than they end up 2-3 seasons down the road. For example, I remember when Pat Bamford was first “created” OSA had him IIRC 8-8-7-7-8. However, you often see the reports go the opposite direction as well over time. I would venture a guess these IFAs take a similar path.

But this is my first year participating so I could be way off.
      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

I think it’s a little bit different.

These are 16-18yo prospects that OSA and your scout have seen one time. A high school equivalent would be scouted for three years (12 reports per) and three seasons of feeder league stats. It is also very common for new amateurs once they are created to immediately have a much higher OSA potential than they end up 2-3 seasons down the road. For example, I remember when Pat Bamford was first “created” OSA had him IIRC 8-8-7-7-8. However, you often see the reports go the opposite direction as well over time. I would venture a guess these IFAs take a similar path.

But this is my first year participating so I could be way off.
        This is my view as well.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
        - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
        - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
        - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

I'm hoping you're both right, but... just in case... We're tossing money around this export!

Comment

I'm not sure there is any real risk here... If they both suck, the money to Washington is meaningless, and if, one, or both, hit, then the money was an absolute bargain...

I would do it for one. But the second you do it for a second player, you're actually paying $10mm since you're taxed 1:1 on anything over $5MM in total spending.

Washington's $15mm on two players is more like $25mm. That's a lot of money to two unknowns. Can still pan out and be amazing for liquid.
            Denver Bulls

Comment

Congrats to the most prolific power hitter in the history of the game. Amazing career by Jamie O.

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
                Congrats to the most prolific power hitter in the history of the game. Amazing career by Jamie O.
                It's too bad it didn't happen i a Pittsburgh jersey like it should have...

Comment

Originally posted by PaulC

Or with the GM that drafted him...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Miami Sharks (BLB)
                  * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
                  * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

You can either bet with your heart or bet with your head. We've all seen your bet!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

You can either bet with your heart or bet with your head. We've all seen your bet!

Comment

Working...
                      X