Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2031 Daily Keg - Week 22

(AP)

The Bats go 3-4 but were so far ahead of the field they easily hold onto the top spot. Philadelphia goes 5-1 to shoot up to #2 while Seattle goes 5-2 to take 3rd and also take the lead in the Bock by half a game. On the other side LAD goes 1-5 to fall out of the last wildcard spot in the IL while Pittsburgh goes 2-4 to fall 3.5 games out of the 4th wildcard spot in the DL.

Power Rankings

1) Washington Bats (119.9, o)
    2) Philadelphia Freedom (112.2, ++)
    3) Seattle Pilots (111.3, ++)
    4) Maine Guides (110.9, -)
    5) Hartford Whalers (110.7, +)
    6) New York Knights (107.4, -)
    7) Santo Domingo Rum Runners (106.2, --)
    8) Miami Sharks (105.3, +)
    9) Denver BC (102.8, --)
    10) Montreal Exports (94.0, -)
    11) New Orleans Dukes (91.5, +)
    12) Carolina Tobs (88.7, ++)
    13) Pittsburgh Millers (87.0, -)
    14) Syracuse Snappers (84.7, ++)
    15) Batavia Red Jackets (84.3, +)
    16) Indianapolis Racers (81.4, ++)
    17) Los Angeles Dinos (81.4, --)
    18) Wilmington Wildcats (78.5, --)
    19) Windy City Blues (77.1, --)
    20) California Kodiaks (68.0, +)
    21) Phoenix Roadrunners (67.1, -)
    22) Pawtucket Patriots (66.5, +)
    23) Toronto Canadians (62.3, -)
    24) Baltimore Bulldogs (59.9, o)

Performance of the Week

3B Ron Snider - On September 1st against Toronto the Millers third basemen had seven at bats in a 25-3 victory. He had four walks, three hits, two home runs (the 1st his career 300th), drove in five, and scored five times. On the season the free agent to be is hitting .310 with 37 HR's, 95 RBI's and a 6.1 WAR.

Injury of the Week

CF Donnie Wilson - Montreal is hurting. With several players on cold streaks right now and 2-4 in September they are trying to hold off Miami and New Orleans while hoping to overtake Santo Domingo to get back their Lager lead. On September 3rd things got worse when they were informed Wilson would be out the rest of the season due to suffering from post-concussion syndrome on a diving catch he made to end the 8th inning. On the season he is hitting .250 with 1 HR and 19 RBI's but his outfield range and arm are some of the best in the BLB.

Prospect of the Week

P Leo Montalvo - The 21 year old was discovered by Syracuse out of Paraguay in 2026 and has moved his way up to their AA team. This season he is 8-3 with a 2.40 ERA and 2.6 WAR in 97.2 innings pitched. He won a Glove Wizard award in 2029 and was selected to the 2030 Bush League All-Star game. His 97 mph fastball is one of four pitches he throws but scouts worry about his work habits.

Five Things We Think We Think

1. On September 1st the Exports played the Whalers and took a 9-3 lead into the bottom of the 9th after scoring three in the top of the inning. Win probability...99.2 percent. After Gil Banda hit a pop up and Ian Pepper ground out the win probability was up to 99.8 percent. What happened next can only be described as unbelievable. Hartford went single, single, single, single (run scored), and hit by pitched (run scored). Pat Walton then strolled up with the bases loaded and on a 3-2 count hit the ball 373 feet over the left field fence as the home crowd went ballistic. The miracle comeback was lessened though when Montreal scored in the 11th and Hartford was unable to answer.

2. Johnny Swope hit a pedestrian .207 last week but he did hit three home runs and drove in nine. In the IL he is 1st in home runs and RBI's and leads those categories by an amazing 13 and 24 respectively. His .285 batting average is going to keep him from his 2nd Triple Crown in a row but his projected 6.5 WAR is set to finish 3rd in the BLB. What's even more amazing is that is 1.5 down from his 162 game average of 8.0 WAR.

3. Denver is 9-0 vs Baltimore this season and have outscored them 55-17. No other match-up in the league has a goose egg in it but some come close. Philly is 11-1 vs California and New Orleans is 12-1 vs Toronto.

4. Jaime Rush of Wilmington just hit the 60 mark for stolen bases and leads the league over Geoff Dail by two. He also leads the league in being caught stealing as he checks in with 16, 11 more than Dail. Ricky Figueroa of Denver is 3rd with 53 but has only been caught 3 times. The sneakiest of them all though is Maine's Akiyuki Kimura who has been successful in 36 of his 37 attempts.

5. Washington just hit the 3 million mark in attendance. They've been over that mark for the last decade and it doesn't look like it's slowing down. Syracuse meanwhile is at the bottom with 795,211 and Phoenix is 2nd to last with 841,488. The main reason, besides team success as of late, is that both the Snappers and Roadrunners stadiums only hold 35,000 fans and are the smallest in the BLB. Washington meanwhile sits at 43,000 with only LAD at 44k and Batavia at 45k having more.

Stat of the Week
    Most Strikeouts by Pitcher Height
    (Earliest Occurrence Shown)
    Height ▾ Player Team Year K
    7' 1" Oscar Saldana MIA 2025 67
    7' 0" Jimmy Jenkinson CAR 2021 98
    6' 11" Anselmo Mapalo HAR 1986 199
    6' 10" Nakazo Sasaki BAT 1987 176
    6' 9" Jarrod Peacock TOR 2028 227
    6' 8" Akira Abe PIT 1980 183
    6' 7" Dave Kauffman PAW 2023 223
    6' 6" Donato Guardamagni+ LOS 1986 267
    6' 5" Mutsohito Kuramochi SYR 1978 283
    6' 4" Ed Carroll WAS 2022 301
    6' 3" Jamie Herberholz+ CHI 2010 292
    6' 2" Joe Aurillo+ PHI 1984 280
    6' 1" Heriberto Rocha PIT 2009 251
    6' 0" Jason Peyton HYU 1978 289
    5' 11" David Rumsey HYU 1978 319
    5' 10" Dan Jones HAR 1978 245
    5' 9" Jacob Stokes 2026 270
    5' 8" Joe Chavarraga+ DAL 1978 294
    5' 7" Dewitt Pierce PAW 2001 156

Turns out that size doesn't matter...
    GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
    Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
    Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      5. Washington just hit the 3 million mark in attendance. They've been over that mark for the last decade and it doesn't look like it's slowing down. Syracuse meanwhile is at the bottom with 795,211 and Phoenix is 2nd to last with 841,488. The main reason, besides team success as of late, is that both the Snappers and Roadrunners stadiums only hold 35,000 fans and are the smallest in the BLB. Washington meanwhile sits at 43,000 with only LAD at 44k and Batavia at 45k having more.
      At the same time its really a competitive disadvantage that one day were gonna need to address.

No offense to Liquidcrash at all, but a monkey could of taken over the finances of this team. Always feels Washington has this built in advantage.

Years ago we needed to level the playing field and eventually its gonna happen again....if we want this league to be on the level.

PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
      Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
      DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
      Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
      Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

Originally posted by funclown

At the same time its really a competitive disadvantage that one day were gonna need to address.

No offense to Liquidcrash at all, but a monkey could of taken over the finances of this team. Always feels Washington has this built in advantage.

Years ago we needed to level the playing field and eventually its gonna happen again....if we want this league to be on the level.
        That's a no-no.

You just can't punish financially and competitive responsible teams and benefit teams that tank intentionally. That's not how it works.

Besides we already have Revenue sharing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sharkn20; 04-14-2019, 06:07 PM.
        Miami Sharks (BLB)
        * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
        * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post
          That's a no-no.

You just can't punish financially and competitive responsible teams and benefit teams that tank intentionally. That's not how it works.

Just saying, this will eventually bite us. We had to balance this before. Drift is just a thing that needs correcting is all.

Also.....new owners always get screwed? I would say if we auto the new owners +15 on the media market when they joined I'd be very cool with it.

No offense but no matter how hard you try you will never get to Wash budget. Sorry been around alot longer then you and more under the hood then most of us understand.
          PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
          Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
          DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
          Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
          Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

Originally posted by funclown

Just saying, this will eventually bite us. We had to balance this before. Drift is just a thing that needs correcting is all.

Also.....new owners always get screwed? I would say if we auto the new owners +15 on the media market when they joined I'd be very cool with it.

No offense but no matter how hard you try you will never get to Wash budget. Sorry been around alot longer then you and more under the hood then most of us understand.
            I never tanked intentionally and am not doing that bad as yourself. So yes, you have been longer, but not as careful.
            So with all respect, play the game as it is supposed to be played and you won't have as much disadvantage... Anyways you should have high draft picks and lots of revenue sharing to start over again, just don't crash the ship again.

I concur in the new GMs bit though, they should have a clean bill when they enter in the league.

Miami Sharks (BLB)
            * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
            * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

Yep. Any idiot can win with Washington. It's a miracle that the Bats don't win the title every year with the advantages that are so obviously baked into the game in my team's favor. Just owner ineptitude keeps us from winning a bunch of rings.
              Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

If anyone should get to complain about Washington’s dominance, it should be Baltimore, Philly, or NY and I’m cool with battling the best.
                Last edited by Delandis; 04-14-2019, 07:14 PM.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
                - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
                - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
                - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Originally posted by funclown View Post

#Algorithm... It does make it hard for new owners when a franchise has 50 years’ history of just printing money.
                  GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
                  Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
                  Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
                  Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Originally posted by PaulC View Post

#Algorithm... It does make it hard for new owners when a franchise has 50 years’ history of just printing money.
                    Can we please ban the word algorithm from the site please? I mean this is getting tiresome.

During pretty much every season of their history they’ve been run by one of the best GM’s to ever come through the league. Generally, when teams are run by good GM’s, the teams are good more often than not. When teams are good, they generate more revenue. It’s that simple. It’s completely unfair to project your frustrations about how you run your team onto people who have proven time and time again to know what they’re doing.

They’ve had a track record akin to any other team that’s had prolonged strings of success in recent seasons. You complain as if they’re parlaying these giant offshore accounts into unabated dominance, and they’re just doing as well as any other good team does. It’s not their fault (or Batavia or any of the other giant stadiums) that nobody else reinvested profits into expanding their ballparks. More seats = more revenue isn’t exactly a loophole. Plenty of other teams/GM’s have found ways to succeed despite the oligarch that is the Washington Bats.

Comment

Originally posted by funclown View Post

Sorry, funclown... it's not drift. I had one of the bigger payrolls. I tanked and had my payroll go from $150m to under $100m in three seasons. Then I started winning again and it's back to the top. It's not only winning but being fiscally responsible. Carrying your profits over year to year is a huge piece of growing your fiscal health. Setting correct prices for season tickets and regular tickets and expanding capacity. Capacity is capped at 45,000 I think so there's no unfair advantage there. You can't spend every cent and you can't carry continuous debt. Those are killer.
                      Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
                      Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
                      IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
                      Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
                      Last Call '08 (Manning)
                      New Brew '08 (Pulido)
                      Desert Legends
                      #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
                        Yep. Any idiot can win with Washington.
                        Is that a shot at me?
                        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

The DK is getting all sorts of clicks this edition...the ad department is salivating!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

Is that a shot at me?
                            If I can do it, anyone can. Franchise runs itself.
                            Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post

If I can do it, anyone can. Franchise runs itself.
                              Washington money automatically spends itself prudently. A lot of people don’t know that.

Comment

Working...
                              X