California Owner Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Owner Out

In stunning news this week, the California Kodiaks were bought by billionaire Glen Hespler. This news came out of nowhere for shocked Kodiak fans. Further digging by local media has found a rift between the previous owner and GM PaulECee. Mike Morla, a noted difficult personaltiy himself, stated, "The atmosphere in the clubhouse and front office was toxic!"

Team leader, Robby James noted, "No one was safe... Every game we were blasted about our play, the poor third base coach couldn't do anything right, and he'd never point the finger at himself either. He was paranoid about some fictitious Algorithm... Like it had any effect on this lost roster he put together." James who spent the previous three years in Washington, also let reporters in on some private chat room conversations where, apparently, PaulECee would accuse other franchises of being lucky, or having money that he didn't have.

It turns out previous ownership had finally had enough of the volatile GM, and tried to fire him, but according to BLB rules, he was set as GM for life. Unable to get rid of the negative vibe, they decided to do the unthinkable and just sell to new ownership. Players, fans, and other owners are hoping that this becomes a real wake up for the embattled GM.

Since taking over in 2014, PaulECee had early success, and three legitimate playoff runs, before, seemingly making mistake, after mistake in dismantling a team and killing his own player morale, fan base, and budget with decisions that can only be described as short sited at best.

When reached for comment on the sale, PaulECee was very open with this reporter and offered the following heartfelt reply, "I have brought shame to the once proud Kodiak franchise through my actions the past few seasons. Many other GMs were open and honest in helping to bring me along in the early days of my BLB tenure. Since then, I have repaid there trust with idiocy, and often misjudged and hurtful comments. I have really enjoyed my time running this franchise and I am working hard behind the scenes to repair the relationships with the fans, players, and especially the other GMs in the league!" He also tweeted out this short tweet to other league owners.

I am sorry! Looking forward to a new and improved Kodiak team in 2032 and beyond.
    #Algorithm is dead, to be replaced with

This off-season will see PaulECee entering BLB anger management as he looks to curb the use of his exclamation point and hopefully uses more think time before posting on league sanctioned forums.
    GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
    Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
    Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Good stuff! The Kodiak's are on the right track again.

Comment

Working...
    X