X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2033 Daily Keg - Week 25

September 26, 2033

(AP)

The DK was gone for several weeks doing research on the California tanking scandal and we come back to find the New York Knights are on fire. They were picked in the DK preseason edition to not only win the Stout but to represent the IL in the 2033 Brewmasters. With Baltimore pulling away early though and not looking back the social media ridicule came early and often. Well not so fast my friend as the Knights went 6-0 this week to move their September record to 19-3 and tie the Bulldogs for the top spot in the Stout. Right behind them are the Freedom who also went 6-0 and are now only four games back. Then there is Phoenix who went 5-1 to move within three games of the 4th wildcard spot. Talk about 'coming in hot' to finish off the year right.

Power Rankings

1) New York Knights (128.8, o)
    2) Philadelphia Freedom (118.2, ++)
    3) Pittsburgh Millers (114.5, o)
    4) Santo Domingo Rum Runners (112.5, +)
    5) Miami Sharks (105.0, ++)
    6) Maine Guides (104.5, ++)
    7) Washington Bats (101.4, +)
    8) Hartford Whalers (100.2, --)
    9) Phoenix Roadrunners (99.9, ++)
    10) Seattle Pilots (98.4, --)
    11) Baltimore Bulldogs (97.8, --)
    12) Batavia Red Jackets (97.4, o)
    13) Indianapolis Racers (96.5, o)
    14) Syracuse Snappers (93.8, o)
    15) Windy City Blues (92.7, o)
    16) Pawtucket Patriots (90.4, --)
    17) New Orleans Dukes (82.3, +)
    18) Wilmington Clowns (69.0, ++)
    19) California Kodiaks (65.5, +)
    20) Los Angeles Dinos (64.8, --)
    21) Carolina Tobs (62.5, -)
    22) Toronto Canadians (61.7, -)
    23) Denver BC (60.5, o)
    24) Montreal Exports (46.4, o)

Performance of the Week

P Pat 'Baja' Arballo - While we were gone on September 14 against Baltimore 'Baja' tossed a four hit shutout with six K's and no walks. On the season the 26 year old is 19-7 with a 2.81 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, and 7.0 WAR.

Injury of the Week

RF R.J. Kapper - Another big injury to the Millers that we missed during our workcation. On September 17th against Toronto he went down running the bases and will be out with a strained hamstring for the rest of the season. He currently leads the DL in average and WAR and his leadership will be missed in the clubhouse. On the year he finishes by hitting .353/.391/.516 with 13 HR's, 56 RBI's, 35 stolen bases and a 7.7 WAR.

Prospect of the Week

CF Marcos Savage - The 99th ranked prospect was the 9th overall pick in the 2031 draft by LAD. This season after hitting .305/.392/.504 with 15 HR's, 68 RBI's and 24 stolen bases he finished 3rd for the AA WORT Outstanding Hitter Award. He also finished with a +6.2 ZR in center field and scouts say he is "relaxed and confident...aggressive when needed."

Five Things We Think We Think

1. What a final week the 2033 season shapes up to be in the Import League. New York and Baltimore are tied, Philly and Washington are 1.5 games apart, and Windy City and Phoenix are breathing down Batavia's neck for the final wildcard spot. New York plays Philly and Batavia. Philly plays New York and Washington. Baltimore plays Batavia and Carolina. Washington plays Carolina and Philly. Seattle has the Bock wrapped up but after going 1-5 they hurt their chance to secure HFA throughout the IL playoffs as they are now three games back from Baltimore and New York. With all the Stout teams though playing each other and Seattle playing LAD and California they have do still have a solid shot.

2. The Domestic League comes down to the final week as seven teams play for six spots. Pittsburgh won the Ale despite losing two thirds of their starting outfield for the year and should secure HFA throughout the playoffs. Hartford leads Pawtucket now by 1.5 games after the Patriots went an amazing 0-6 this last week. Maine has gone 15-8 this month to rebound and tie Indy for the 4th and final wild card spot. In the Lager the Rum Runners hold a 3 game lead over Miami for the division and they meet to play a huge four game series starting today. Indy meanwhile plays Toronto then SDRR in hopes of going to the playoffs in back to back years.

3. Seth Blankenship is currently sitting at 35 home runs and 40 stolen bases and it looks like the BLB's first 40/40 dream has come to an end. After hitting 9 bombs last month he's hit 4 this month and only got two hits in 25 at bats this last week. If he stays healthy though next season we're already calling a 40/40 season.

4. It was quite a week for Montreal's JD Fazlic. Not only was he named the DL POTW after hitting .423 with 4 HR's and 5 RBI's, he was also celebrated because his home run yesterday against Miami was his 300th career one. He was the 5th pick in the 2nd round of the 2022 draft out of Rice and has played has entire career with the Exports. He won the 2024 Refreshing New Brew, won a Brewmasters in 2027 and was named an All-Star in 2028.

5. It looks as if Pawtucket will be one of the teams to break a postseason drought if they successfully hold on to get into the playoffs this year. The only others who didn't go last season year but will be going this season are Philly and Baltimore.

Stat of the Week
    . .
    Last edited by Matt; 09-03-2019, 04:58 PM.

I am pretty sure that Post-season Drought thing stat is inaccurate.
    Miami Sharks (BLB)
    * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
    * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

Are you the official DK editor?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
        Are you the official DK editor?
        No am just a reader, but u pull those stats from the game right? It says that the longest playoff drought of Miami is 1 year (1984), Miami didn't even exist as a franchise in there...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Miami Sharks (BLB)

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)

Comment

Yeah, I know Denver definitely has had longer than a year drought!
          Denver Bulls

Comment

California loves the DK Matt... Screw those guys!
            GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
            Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
            Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
            Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post
              No am just a reader, but u pull those stats from the game right? It says that the longest playoff drought of Miami is 1 year (1984), Miami didn't even exist as a franchise in there...

It’s the year in which the franchise first appeared in the playoffs, but clearly you have all the facts already at your disposal after extensive research so you already knew that
              Last edited by JJLinn; 09-04-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn

It�s the year in which the franchise was founded, but clearly you have all the facts already at your disposal after extensive research so you already knew that
                Regardless when the Dallas / Miami franchise was created, the Snapers / Sharks had longer playoff droughts than 1.

Unless you want to post your own extensive research showing something else to refute my statement, your contribution to this thread is also pointless...

Miami Sharks (BLB)

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)

Comment

I think this was suppose to be current drought and the years are just all messed up.
                  PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
                  Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
                  DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
                  Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
                  Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

I must have missed the Cali tanking scandal

Great to read this always Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by funclown View Post
                      I think this was suppose to be current drought and the years are just all messed up.
                      It’s showing the first ever playoff appearance for those franchises.

Comment

Good stuff Matt.

I’m ready for The Brewski’s.
                        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post
                          Regardless when the Dallas / Miami franchise was created, the Snapers / Sharks had longer playoff droughts than 1.

Unless you want to post your own extensive research showing something else to refute my statement, your contribution to this thread is also pointless...

I love you. You’re a feckless imbecile but I love you.

Were the Snapers run by Slytherin, by chance?
                          Last edited by JJLinn; 09-04-2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

We currently have the longest drought... We've only been to the playoffs 11 times in 55 years... Ouch!
                            #There'sAlways1987
                            GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
                            Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
                            Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
                            Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn View Post

It’s showing the first ever playoff appearance for those franchises.
                              Ah, so the first year the franchise made the playoffs and the current drought.

I got it. Thanks.
                              Denver Bulls

Comment

Working...
                              X