No announcement yet.

I just stubbed my toe and my career is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I mean realistically though, how many high paid 21 year old draft picks would up and quit after one injury? Likely none.

Edit: Is there a chance that maybe we can all edit our team doctors to be great in every category? I have no clue what that would do to the game, but maybe that would decrease the severity of injuries? Not sure if it's true, but I figure if the doctors are good at healing fatigue and what not, then possibly devestating injuries may be avoided without having to screw around with any injury files.
    Last edited by Lintyfresh85; 11-16-2007, 02:21 PM.
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Yeah, you've been pretty lucky. I don't know about other teams but mine is much longer than yours, and I've had several with very long injuries: http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/..._injuries.html

I just counted--I've had 13 different players get injuries at the major league level. So more than 1/2 my active roster has been injured at one time or another. I've had a total of 16 injuries (a couple guys had more than 1 injury) and 10 of those were 2 weeks or longer....that's the part that doesn't seem realistic to me.
      Last edited by Jim; 11-16-2007, 05:25 PM.
      Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
      DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Does anybody know if the players have injury ratings so that some players are more likely to get injured than others? Also, are older players more likely to get injured than yonger ones? It seems like both of these things are true but I haven't seen any confirmation of it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman View Post
          Does anybody know if the players have injury ratings so that some players are more likely to get injured than others? Also, are older players more likely to get injured than yonger ones? It seems like both of these things are true but I haven't seen any confirmation of it anywhere.
          Yes, each player has a few different proneness ratings. I forget what they are exactly but it's something like overall, arm, legs, etc. You can see them if you start a solo game in commish mode and look at the editor tab on any player page. From what I understand, each player starts with a rating there (oftentimes 0). However, this rating can change over time if a player gets injured in the same area, they start to add up.

I'm not sure about older players vs younger players but I assume players become more injury prone after they start declining. It also seems like older players who suffer serious injuries are more likely to take a ratings hit and not be able to get back to their former abilities.

Lastly, theres a hidden value called pitcher abuse points. Not sure quite how this is implemented because Markus is intentionally vague about it. Basically after pitchers reach a certain point, they will start to break down. From what I understand it's different for every pitcher. Things like overworking players at a young age will accelerate the process.

All this makes me worry about Gil O'Moore's future since he was in the majors before he turned 20 and already has 4 2 week injuries under his belt, 3 of which are arm related.

Comment

Thanks, Andrew, that was very enlightening. I'll watch my young pitchers very carefully from now on. I don't understand why the designer wants to keep information like that hidden.

I think it is a good thing to have in the game if we want realism - as I understand it that is exactly what often happens to young pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
              Lastly, theres a hidden value called pitcher abuse points. Not sure quite how this is implemented because Markus is intentionally vague about it. Basically after pitchers reach a certain point, they will start to break down. From what I understand it's different for every pitcher. Things like overworking players at a young age will accelerate the process.
              Pitch counts are your friend! That's the first thing I did to McEvoy in 1978.
              WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
              Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
              Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
              Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
              BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
              Hall of Famers: 4
              Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
              Stout Sluggers: 2
              New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
              You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Sweet, Jeff Franklin will be out of the league by the age of 25. Unfortunately, he'll have 10 years left on his contract at about 20 million per when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw1137 View Post
                  Yeah, you've been pretty lucky. I don't know about other teams but mine is much longer than yours, and I've had several with very long injuries: http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/..._injuries.html

I just counted--I've had 13 different players get injuries at the major league level. So more than 1/2 my active roster has been injured at one time or another. I've had a total of 16 injuries (a couple guys had more than 1 injury) and 10 of those were 2 weeks or longer....that's the part that doesn't seem realistic to me.

I know I have read that tired players are more likely to be injured. I checked out your team and noticed that your depth chart is very incomplete and you have a couple of guys who are worn out. The reason you have been suffering so many injuries while most of the rest of us have not could be that you are not resting your players.

Comment

Working...
                  X