SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubisco43 View Post

and again, for some reason, i can't download the newest league file... ?
    Are you able to do it manually? This happened to me a few weeks ago and I ended up having to re-install.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
      Are you able to do it manually? This happened to me a few weeks ago and I ended up having to re-install.
      Same thing kind of happened to me today. It wouldn't let me download the file... but after the 5th try, it finally connected and got the file.
      California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
      Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
      Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
      Porter Division Champions:
      1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
      , 2000
      Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman View Post
        Meanwhile I am surprised that we have not heard from Windy City or Carolina yet regarding this SIM - each ceding the division title to the other.
        I don't think it'll be much longer now. I am shocked we swept Carolina. We have a AAA lineup with a few starters left. We do get Samarano back in 3 weeks. Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz have been keeping us in this thing. But I just feel the attrition will be too much. Hitting .250 is accomplishment for our lineup. We need some people who aren't good to have career months to take us to the finish.
        WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
        Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
        Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
        Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
        BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
        Hall of Famers: 4
        Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
        Stout Sluggers: 2
        New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
        You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Great pitching performance this week by Rick Ligonier of Pawtucket against Hyundai. Complete game, 1-hit shutout. Unfortunately for him, that one hit came with 2 out in the 9th, courtesy of Eneas Monterola. Ouch.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...e_box_673.html
          http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...s/log_673.html
          Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

i don't know. i switched to using IE and it worked. for some reason, firefox has last sim's file in the cache and won't download the new one. but regardless, it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
              Great pitching performance this week by Rick Ligonier of Pawtucket against Hyundai. Complete game, 1-hit shutout. Unfortunately for him, that one hit came with 2 out in the 9th, courtesy of Eneas Monterola. Ouch.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...e_box_673.html
              http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...s/log_673.html
              I take the good thing from this.. .Dan Jones seems to finally be turning this season around. Granted, too late, but I have good hope for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by rubisco43 View Post
                i don't know. i switched to using IE and it worked. for some reason, firefox has last sim's file in the cache and won't download the new one. but regardless, it's done.
                You don't download it in game? Or that doesn't work either?

Comment

i didn't try that. i'll try it tomorrow.

Comment

Wow I was looking at that box score yesterday and didn't even realize the hit was in the 9th inning. Impressive start but I would have loved to see a no-hitter there.

Comment

ah, i didn't even know about the in-game download. but i tried it, and it works. so this thing shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Comment

You've been downloading that stupid league file this whole time? I hated doing that before we were able to start downloading in-game.
                        Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                        DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

The in-game download is so convenient...and easy...

Comment

lol... too bad it takes a day and a half it seems on my cpu. I usually look at the HTML long before I ever finish downloading the league file... but from day one I've always used the update league file option in the ingame browser... I really wish FOF had this option as well.
                            California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                            Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                            Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                            Porter Division Champions:
                            1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                            , 2000
                            Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Wow... I just noticed that I am 7-41 against the Stout this season. Not that 28-38 against the Bock is anything to write home about.... but good Lord! Talk about being the divisional whipping boy. Wow!
                              The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Working...
                              X