No announcement yet.

Future Drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Option 1 but just to clarify, draftees wouldn't be assigned to the teams that draft them until the entire draft is complete, correct?
    Maine Guides
    General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
    Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
    Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
    8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
    30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by TheLetterZ
      I like Option 1 but just to clarify, draftees wouldn't be assigned to the teams that draft them until the entire draft is complete, correct?
      Correct. We'd run the entire draft in the forums, then assign them to teams in June at the end of a sim.

Comment

That would work fine for me. Keeps the human scouting aspect of the draft, and makes sure everyone gets a fair chance to get the players they want.

Like you said earlier, we seem to have better participation now than we ever have had before. The first draft bogged down and took forever (I'll admit I was one of those who slowed it down), hopefully that won't happen this time around.
        Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

why not just post the draft pool Jan 1 and have everyone submit a list by a certain deadline?

Comment

Option 1.
            Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
            DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Originally posted by HrfdWhale
              Originally posted by Sully
              Who is in Bahrain?
              As Andrew stated, I am over here for work for about 5 weeks
              Are you in Manama?
              I ask because I spent about a month there, and let me tell you, it is FREAKING HOT!!!
              Don't let those cabbies charge you more than 3BD to get ANYWHERE on that island. If they do, just tell them your calling a meter taxi, and they'll back down.

Oh, I vote for option 1 as well.

P.S. Say high to Michael Jackson for me. If he still lives there.
              Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Andrew, if we are doing a draft like this how are you going to allow for computer picks?
                Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by robster1225
                  Andrew, if we are doing a draft like this how are you going to allow for computer picks?
                  I'll make a copy of the game, schedule the draft to March 1st or whatever date we're at in the actual copy, then run the draft in the copy. This is what I did last year and it worked great.

Comment

Working...
                  X