SIM COMPLETE - 92-93 - OFF-SEASON 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    History is cool and all but not a dealbreaker. Stats and prior development is all there right? Is it just the little blurbs on their OOTP player page?
    Yeah, it's the history text. Really more of the "News Headlines" so to speak. The stats should be fine.

I think they are important for one reason.... injury history.
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Bite your tongues, baseball IS history.
      WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
      Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
      Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
      Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
      BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
      Hall of Famers: 4
      Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
      Stout Sluggers: 2
      New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
      You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

One thing I do not like that's missing because of the lack of history, but should already be on the player cards, is Draft Round/Year.

I don't understand why this isn't on a Player's Profile in OOTP. You have to go to the Player's Browser page in OOTP. That just seems asinine.

I've also noticed that we are missing something that would be very nice to have in our league. No league has it, either, unless it's manually done.

Silver Sluggers. Why is this not in OOTP?

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        After looking through the FA disaster I'm glad that Mr. $13 Million Alexander stuck around. Not a whole lot to get excited about. The one guy I like is asking for about 3 times what I think he's worth.

Without giving any trade secrets away is anybody excited about this year's class?
        I think I know who you're talking about here and I'm going to throw out his little nugget about Mr. Washington (even if you aren't talking about him).

That man was asking for a shade over $10 MM a year from me. The only reason I really didn't consider resigning him is because he wanted 7 years. That's not really a bad amount of money for his production (especially since he turned the corner nicely after a poor 1990). The length however was scary for a 31-year-old OSA and my scout believed suffered some set-backs because of his season-ending injury.

Now he's asking for two times that amount of money. I couldn't believe it when I checked his demands. Makes me believe there is something seriously broken about Free Agency in our league. Demands are not realistic at all.

edit: It also leads to issues regarding Draft Pick compensation. I also let him go because he's a Type A. I figured, why spend the money when I can get a pick out of it. But, is anyone going to give Washington nearly $20 MM a year for 7 years? I highly doubt it. I guess weirder things have happened, but in the real world, Washington's agent would be drilling some sense into his client.
        Last edited by Carlos; 03-23-2011, 03:16 PM.
        Denver Bulls

Comment

Working...
        X