Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle is calling up 3B Mat Barone. He's the top rated player Triple-A and the #73 top prospect according to OSA. The former 2nd round pick is a switch hitter who while he won't ever win a DWI, can play 1B-2B-3B-SS-RF at a decent level. At 24-years-old, almost fully developed and in his second full season at AAA, I felt he was getting bored.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_7634.html

Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

• The #1 prospect 3B Pat Nunes is being called up for Phoenix. It's becoming a crowded infield but ownership is willing to shuffle people around for more exposure. Thus far Pat hasn't destroyed AAA, but the potential is still there. He will be coming off the bench in the coming days.

Comment

• The #1 pitching prospect in the BLB made his debut this week, and didn't disappoint!

Facing a first place Phoenix squad, anchored by perhaps the top offence in the IL,

SP Tony Ramos shut down the Road Runners for a 4-3 win.

His outing covered 5 1/3 IP, 7H, 0 BB, and 1 K, while working on a strict 80 pitch limit!
        GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
        Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
        Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
        Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

• Whoops. Missed on that one.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
          - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
          - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
          - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

• Originally posted by Delandis View Post
            Whoops. Missed on that one.
            He was the first of the Minor League finds to get traded... He'll have a fun career to watch... Hopefully!
            GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
            Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
            Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
            Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulC

He was the first of the Minor League finds to get traded... He'll have a fun career to watch... Hopefully!
              Hypocrisy... I don't want them but I ask for one of them in trade-land, clever movement Paul! Down their guards then get that hook in!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Miami Sharks (BLB)
              * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
              * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

• Nah. He was rated well but he took a big jump when he got to the Cali system.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
                - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
                - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
                - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

• http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_5738.html

LF Charles Farris
                  1.21 in 2031
                  #46 Prospect
                  LH

Farris will make his BLB debut this week right before the All-Star break. The final spot in our lineup has been a revolving door all season vs. RHSP. Sometimes it's DH, sometimes it's LF, but Dave Kolka, Tyrone Annear, and most recently late FA addition Jimmy Edge have done nothing to land the job.

Farris, 23, fell in the 2031 draft (I believe) because his lack of fielding ability and an injury riddled second season at UNLV. In his first year he hit .376/1.300 with a 3.0 WAR. He was an All-Star, finished 3rd in Outstanding Hitter voting, won two players of the week and had a 27-game hit streak. His next season he got HBP and broke his cheekbone, only playing in 16 games, still hitting .327/1.187.

Since then, he has worked his way through the Seattle minor league system, hitting .341/1.094 in Double-A last year and .302/1.023 in Triple-A this year. He still can't field. And he struggled in Spring Training (.250/.583) but he will get a chance to win the job in the 2nd half. My scout loooves his gap and HR power, both actually rate best in my entire organization vs. RHP.

Comment

• player_11889.png
                    1B - Pat Goode RH
                    26 years

Not the fanciest pick ever, but the Sharks continue to develop and promote to the BLB level medium to late round prospects, who never were highlighted in the OSA list or screamed for attention during their development. Pat was a 6th Round pick in 2026 and has been patiently awaiting his time to jump to the Show. After 4 seasons in AAA were he posted 168 / 138 / 120 / 115 OPS+ and accumulated 6.6 WAR, he is taking the nod from LaBruzzo who was recently traded to Maine. He provides gap power and some over the fence pop against both LHP and RHP this is really valuable in the BLB nowadays, he will backup both Mitchell and Dail against RHP, being the first option out of the bench, and start at 1B against LHP, leaving Dail at DH.
                    Miami Sharks (BLB)

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)

Comment

• http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_7449.html

P Mike Ponce
                      Discovered out of Chile 9/27
                      #61, #58, #96 prospect in 2032-34

Mike Ponce, also known as "The VP", will make his BLB debut next week after complaining about not being in the majors for the past year+.

I believe Ponce, 23yo, is Seattle's first ever ITL discovery to make the BLB. While he projects as a starter he will make his first pitches in relief. He hits 99MPH on the gun. He's "easy to like." Let's go.

Comment

• http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...yer_10111.html

Ted Hird
                        1B/P - R/R

Not as good a pitcher as he is a hitter, he still gets the job done with the bat.

He didn't like how long I was cooking him in the low minors and wanted MLB money. Lets see if he's ready and worth it.
                        Columbus Catfish (2020-2030 & 2036-2038)
                        Huntsville Bulldogs (2043-present)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                          http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...yer_10111.html

Ted Hird
                          1B/P - R/R

Not as good a pitcher as he is a hitter, he still gets the job done with the bat.

He didn't like how long I was cooking him in the low minors and wanted MLB money. Lets see if he's ready and worth it.
                          Gosh he was rotting in there for awhile
                          Miami Sharks (BLB)

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)

Comment

• http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...yer_12581.html
                            http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...yer_12586.html

SS Pat Holes
                            Drafted 1.21 in 2029
                            #15 Top Prospect in SEA

RP Jayden Davis
                            Drafted 4.29 in 2029
                            #16 Top Prospect in SEA

Holes was likely a reach with the 21st overall pick. This was one of the first years, IIRC, that OOTP had the "Draft List" option from your scout. Needless to say he was very high on my scouts list. He's a glove first short stop who still has a little room to grow at the plate. In Spring Training he hit .239 with a .559 OPS. Not amazing, but because we struck out on multiple infield free-agents, he's going to be pressed into duty.

Davis was drafted three rounds later than Holes, also out of HS. My scout has always questioned his control but he has electric stuff. In Spring Training he went 7 IP, 0 R, 4 BB, 8 K.

While neither player is a very highly regarded prospect, they appear to be almost fully developed and in effort to continue to save money, the $280k salary is nice.

Comment

• They all made their debuts in September last year, but I'm going to post the rookies that are making the Opening Day roster.

player_11251.png

1B CJ Eckels- Selected in the 4th round, 84th overall in 2027. He's slowly moved through my system, but he's hit well at every level. Eckels has spent the last 3 seasons in AAA, hitting .320/.408/.551 (.959 OPS), showing good ability to make contact and really good gap power. Hopefully that gap power plays well in my ballpark.

player_3240.png

OF/1B/DH Pat Graves- Picked at the end of the 8th round in 2029, Graves was mostly an afterthought in my system until he blew up last year and had a huge season in AAA. In AAA Richmond, he hit .347 with 35 HRs and a 1.190 OPS, good enough to capture the Outstanding Hitter award. My scout has unsurprisingly warmed up to him a bit, so he'll get a chance to prove he belongs in the BLB. I've had him playing OF, but he isn't good fielding out there. He should be pretty good at 1B, given some experience. I'm still skeptical he'll make enough contact to play regularly in the BLB, but he's earned a chance.
                              player_13760.png

RP Reggie Chao- Overshadowed by my other internatinal signing last year, Killian Pena. But, I was also excited to land Chao, who my scout thinks can develop into a really good lefty reliever with dominant stuff and the stamina to possibly even be a stopper. He spent almost all of last season in AAA, but my scout likes the progress he's made and he'll be counted on heavily in my depleted bullpen. Spring Training was encouraging - Chao struck out 28 hitters in 24 IP, with a 1.50 ERA.

-----

According to OSA, Eckels is the #28 prospect in my system. Graves is #16 and Chao is #17.
                              Last edited by liquidcrash; 11-27-2019, 10:45 AM.
                              Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

• player_12437.png
                                RP AJ Brown
                                Drafted 4.21 in 2029

To hopefully bolster my bullpen, AJ Brown is being called up from AAA Richmond. It's been slow, steady progress from Brown since was drafted at the end of the 4th round in 2029, but my scout thinks he's ready and he's gotten progressively angrier about being in the minors. According to my scouting report, "everyone raves about his big-time stuff" and "he has the talent to be a top reliever." Brown has 3 pitches, led by a great curveball, a good fastball and a token changeup. With my scout and OSA both giving him 75 stamina, I'm hoping that Brown will develop into a great, multi-inning reliever if it all works out. Paired with the lefty Reggie Chao (see the last post in this thread), Brown figures to be a major piece in the DC bullpen.

Brown is #17 in my system at the moment.
                                Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Working...
                                X