X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP Abraham Gottmo
    ITL discovery by Indy in 2026

The revolving door at SP continues for Seattle. The Pilots have used 10 SPs this season and will use two new players this week. Gottmo doesn't rate the best from my scout but 25-year-old Swedish import has ranked #1-#4 top pitcher in Triple-A throughout the season. Originally a part of the Racer organization he was let go in 2033. Signed that off-season to Seattle for a minor league bonus, Gottmo went on to be a 2-time Triple-A All-Star and has been dominant this season. He's now 5-4, with a 2.18 ERA, .88 WHIP and 2.6 WAR in 12 starts. He pitched in Spring Training but didn't make the roster after posting a 6.11 ERA and 1.70 WHIP.

I don't know if he's actually any good but we need a lefty this week and he turns 26 in February. Might as well see what the kids got.

Gottmo ranks as the #12 top prospect in the Pilot system.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

• I haven't done one of these in YEARS but it is vacation time and everyone is sleep in the house so why not? We have relied heavily on the performances of our rookies this year, so they deserve a bit of shine.
      player_13665.png

SS Gemeda Azikiwe
      Acquired from Montreal in a 2031 trade

-Gemeda was signed by Montreal in 2029 as a IAFA from South Africa for $1.5 MM. 2 years later, Azikiwe was traded to Baltimore in a deal that sent RP Kalil Corey to Montreal. The 23 year old always showed an advanced defensive at all of the tough infield positions, but seemed to struggle at the plate while in the minor leagues. Our scouting team noted that he had very little more potential to grow into as a hitter, so he was fast tracked from Camden (AA) solely based on his defensive prowess in September of last year. Gemeda surprised the entire staff when he hit OPS'd .908 in his September call up last year. And while Gemeda is known to be one of the team's jokesters in the locker room he has not played around on the field, earning an every day starting position at shortstop. The rookie is hitting.365 as a leadoff hitter and is 2nd among all rookies in BA in the BLB is currently a leading candidate for the IL New Brew. player_12367.png

1B/RF J.D. "Hurricane" Rice
      Selected 12th overall by Baltimore in 2029

I remember being so excited when Denver selected current Bulldog closer, Johnny "Big Thunder" McCullough as Rice was the #1 player left on our board by a mile. Coincidentally, Rice never made the playoffs as a high school player despite having fellow Bulldog rookie, OF Pat Cross and Robert "Stretch" Jessee of Toronto on their 2029 high school team. Nonetheless, Rice was highly rated by many scouts in the league and has not disappointed in his rookie campaign. The 23 year old switch hitter made an All-Star appearance as a rookie this year and only trails veteran outfielder, Dusty Janson in offensive WAR for the Bulldogs. player_12368.png

OF Pat Cross
      Selected 84th overall by Baltimore 2029

Despite the dated picture above, it is true that Pat Cross no longer plays for his high school team. The 23 year old Connecticut native now plays alongside his more well known best friend and high school teammate, J.D. Rice. Cross was never as highly rated as Rice but J.D. would be the first one to tell everyone how good of a player Cross was in high school and how he is underrated as a player now. "Pat actually had a better batting average, a better on base percentage, and stole more bases than I did when we were in high school. He's the complete package. He's strong willed and likes to do things his way, so sometimes it takes him a bit longer to find a way that works for him. But when he does, you guys will know his name." Cross hit .295 with a .917 OPS in 62 games in Annapolis (AAA) before being promoted this year. He hasn't "found his way that works" yet but if he does, he could be a fun player to watch.
      Last edited by Delandis; 12-28-2019, 10:21 AM.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
      - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
      - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
      - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

• SP Jason Davidson

Cracker gets his debut!

Drafted 1.7 in 2034 and sitting in the #15 spot on the Top Prospect list with what looked to be a weak changeup has come on a little bit, probably won't go much higher, but I'm going to risk him at SP like I did Hopman. Lets see if it works out.
        Columbus Catfish (2020-2030 & 2036-2038)
        Huntsville Bulldogs (2043-present)

Comment

• 1B Coleman Conaway

Drafted with the 9th overall pick in the 2034 draft, Conaway has had a methodical rise the the Kodiak's minor league ranks. He carries a prolific bat, but his inability top field allowed him to drop in the draft to the Kodiak's third pick in that round, behind Robertson and Valentine, and interestedly behind, SP Jason Davidson (above). His goal will be to carry some of the water against LHP that will be left with the departure of Johnny Swope. Good luck wth that!
          GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
          Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
          Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
          Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

• CF LaVernus Contreras

In addition to the debut of Cracker Davidson, Lavernus Contreras who was drafted in the 2.7 of the same draft in 2034, will be making his debut. Speedster at CF who is 94th on the Top Prospect list. He'll split time with Savage at CF, and his big drawback is that he seems made of glass.

Comment

• 1B - Mehani Matu

Lead all of AAA with 41 Hrs last year, picked up Matu in my ill-fated trade of Dusty Dills for Bruno Damours. Looking forward to seeing if the power carries over to the BLB.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Lintyfresh85; 04-05-2020, 10:52 AM.
              California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
              Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
              Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
              Porter Division Champions:
              1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
              , 2000
              Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

• Two big debuts in Seattle this week:

RF Richie 'Powder' van Luik

The 21-year-old was an international discovery from The Netherlands on Christmas day, 2031. Since then he has battled expectations and injuries to post a .903 OPS in 30 Triple-A games this season. Our lack of speed, injuries to LF Charles Farris and just signs that "Powder" is ready, influenced the call up. He's already the team captain. He's currently the #8 prospect in baseball and according to my scout is my only 70 contact hitter and my only 80 on speed/steal.

SP/LF Bradley Beehn

The 22-year-old was drafted 15th overall in 2032 as a two-way player who looked more promising at the plate than on the mound in High School. Since then he has emerged more as a pitcher and has ranked as the #1 prospect in baseball each of the last two years. Beehn hits 99 MPH on the gun and is "humble" as they come. I had him skip Spring Training this year but in six Triple-A starts he's 5-1 with a 1.89 ERA, 0.97 WHIP and 1.6 WAR. He will also see some time at the plate in the future.

Comment

• Probably overdue but during the week of his 25th birthday, Seattle is calling up 3B Alan Gerber. The first round pick from 2033 has been stuck in Triple-A buried on a depth chart that has been loaded with 3B-types. Over the past few weeks the Pilots have called up their #1, #2 and now #3 prospects. The top five system is going to take a massive hit in a few weeks as we don't have another Top 100 player at the moment.

Comment

• Another week, another debut. Seattle is calling up 28-year-old SP CJ Burkhart. The former 5th round pick has been in Triple-A for the past FIVE seasons. But after posting pedestrian numbers, the lefty currently leads Triple-A with a 1.97 ERA and nine wins. We need another lefty after shipping out Hamada so this old-rookie will finally get his chance.

Comment

• A little earlier than I'd hoped, but with the race in the Bock razor thin, and Lezama out for the next 3 - 4 weeks, we call up the #1 pick from the 2034 draft...

CF Joey Robertson

Robertson got off to a slow start after being drafted straight out of high school. After two uneventful years in Rookie League, he spent a full year in A ball. This year he started in AA for 42 games, and AAA for only 24 more, and will now be joining the Kodiaks full time! It'll be a crowded outfield when Lezama gets back, but hopefully Robertson will prove enough in 3 weeks to force management to keep him with the big club.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulC View Post
                        A little earlier than I'd hoped, but with the race in the Bock razor thin, and Lezama out for the next 3 - 4 weeks, we call up the #1 pick from the 2034 draft...

CF Joey Robertson

Robertson got off to a slow start after being drafted straight out of high school. After two uneventful years in Rookie League, he spent a full year in A ball. This year he started in AA for 42 games, and AAA for only 24 more, and will now be joining the Kodiaks full time! It'll be a crowded outfield when Lezama gets back, but hopefully Robertson will prove enough in 3 weeks to force management to keep him with the big club.

O'Hearn junior?
                        Miami Sharks (BLB)
                        * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
                        * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post

O'Hearn junior?
                          That'd be damn nice... Robertson's mom apparently had a summer home in Pittsburgh in her younger days... Maybe?!

Comment

• Is this a thing again? I hope so.

With rosters expanding, two prospects will be making their BLB debuts in Washington.

player_12156.png
                            SP Alan Allen
                            Drafted - 2034, Round 1, Pick 17
                            #62 prospect in BLB

Our first round pick in 2034 out of Hyannis in the Cape league, Allen ranks as the #4 prospect in my system. He hasn't had the year I was hoping for in AAA, but my scout thinks that he's ready and he figures to be in the rotation next season, so up he comes. He's had success previously at other minor league levels, but hasn't been consistent for AAA Richmond. Still, he's a 6'4" lefty with 3 good pitches and enough stamina to get deep into games, so my scout thinks he could be a good mid-rotation starter. Listed as a leader on my Chemistry page, which will hopefully balance our this next guy.

player_13521.png
                            RP Camden Sullivan
                            Drafted - 2032, Round 4, Pick 96

Sullivan looks to be an insufferable prick, but he's also very talented. Despite having little hustle and being "unthinking", Sullivan has been the apple of my scout's eye for years now, and he looks ready to help the BLB team. He was only promoted to AA at the start of this season, but he dominated that level to earn the call-up to Richmond, where he's been having success as well. The wiry, 6'9" 215 lb lefty has two outstanding pitches and also throws a "changeup" when he gets bored. According to my scout, he'll "be on the shortlist for best relievers in the game" if he continues to develop. He's listed as the #13 prospect in our system, easily the top reliever on the list.

Both Allen and Sullivan figure to be in the bullpen for now, thought I might change my mind on that.
                            Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

• player_9567.png
                              SP Taelin Leanos
                              Drafted - 2035, Round 1, Pick 9
                              Came out #53 prospect but since has dropped off the 100 list.

One of our 2 SP taken in the 2035 1st round, and while being out of the playoff run (6 games out of the WC, too hard to catch back up), figured we'll give this guy some BLB action.

Comment

• Seattle has three rookies making their BLB debuts on Opening Day:

C TJ Ellison - http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...yer_12463.html
                                He's already 26 and has spent the past three seasons in Triple-A. Last year he hit .320/.885 and hit .292/.933 in ST. He's terrible behind the plate but could work as a good platoon as the LH with incumbent RH Tristan Logan, who is all defense. Ellison doesn't have the future that other ST-invitee David Tripp has but I figure Ellison will never get another BLB look when Tripp gets the call. His high contact/avoid K combo fits the mold with or more speed approach. Former 10th round pick would be fun if he was even decent in the pros.

2B Johnny Thompson - http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...yer_13493.html
                                A 3rd round pick way back in 2032, Thompson "won" the 2B job by us missing out on signing Nehemiah Daniel, despite the higher salary. Thompson is a piece of work intangible-wise, but he hit .304/.748 in ST and hit roughly .345/.810 the past two years combined in Triple-A. He's good on the base paths, decent with the glove, and fits the same contact/k profile that Ellison does. We also needed at least one lefty infielder so Thompson gets the call. Of this group he's probably the only one with even a remote chance at competing for Fresh New Brew, but he will platoon at 2B and I have other options in Triple-A waiting if he fails.

CF Lance Burns - http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_9708.html
                                Just a 2nd round pick in 2035, Burns still has a bit more development to go than the other two. However, our lack of LH CF options made his call up necessary. He's a switch hitter, elite speed, and really good fielding. he hit just .195/.543 in ST but his speed and defense will get regular playing time at the very least as a defensive replacement and our top pinch runner.

Comment

Working...
                                X