X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLetterZ View Post
    Barnard reminds me a lot of Rowles.
    Tell me more about Rowles. I don't have the pleasure...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Miami Sharks (BLB)
    * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
    * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post
      Tell me more about Rowles. I don't have the pleasure...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      My second baseman! Look him up.
      Maine Guides
      General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
      Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
      Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
      Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
      8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
      30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

My second baseman! Look him up.
        Great player, hopefully he will pan out as the same, your guy is really good
        Miami Sharks (BLB)

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)

Comment

• The 27-year-old Johnny Zwick will finally make his BLB regular season debut this week against Carolina.

Originally a 4th round pick by Morgantown in 2012, Zwick was brought in via the expansion draft before last season. In 2017, he finished 3rd in the pitcher of the year voting after posting a 11-6, 2.93 ERA, 1.11 WHIP for the Triple-A Champion Vancouver Thunderbirds.

After that performance he was invited to Spring Training this season where he posted modest numbers: 11 G, 2 SV, 12.2 IP, 6 ER, 2 BB, 14 K, 4.26 ERA and 1.18 WHIP. This season his numbers took a step back, probably because he was bored at this level.

Zwick's two biggest strengths are his stamina and his ability to hit. According to my scout he is one of only four pitchers with a "7" or better stamina. He's also my highest rated pitcher on hitting ratings: 4-4-2-5-4 vs. both RH and LH, according to my scout and OSA. He's also very intelligent.

I'm hopeful he can give us a few spot-starts and long-relief appearances during these final few weeks. Probably a good audition to see if he will crack the Opening Day roster in 2019.
          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

• It's been a long and bumpy road for "Ox" Jones, but he has finally arrived. The 23-year-old will debut this week for the Pilots in his hometown of Seattle.

Drafted in 2012 by Los Alamos with the 4th overall pick out of high school, debuting as a Top 30 prospect, the once high expectations got derailed quickly for Jones after two major injuries. In 2015 he broke his arm and in 2016 he had surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow. While still recovering from the latter, he was left exposed in the expansion draft where he was selected by Seattle.

After spending 2017 in Double-A, Jones spent all of this season in Triple-A playing for the Vancouver Thunderbirds who got bumped in the Wild Card Round. His numbers were nothing special, 3.69 ERA and 1.26 WHIP. He currently ranks 119th on the BLB Top Prospect List according to OSA.

The spot in the rotation is made available with Jamie Stidham still out with a bicep injury and former starters Jonathan Arnholt and Jamie Coffman moving to the bullpen full time.

Comment

• Rookie Debuts

Following two impressive years and a 2015 Cape Cod Championship with the Cotuit Kettlers, Hanson was drafted late in the second round of the recent 2016 draft, by the Baltimore organization. Hanson has all the qualities of a prototypical Bulldog prospect with high intelligence and work ethic coupled with a matching desire to win.

Hanson progressed quickly up the Bulldogs' minor league system and was promoted to The Show shortly after Abraham Santana was shipped to DVS. Hanson has not inserted his name into anyone's conversation for New Brew, but the Baltimore front office has seen enough to feel confident that Hanson can become, at the very least, an everyday starter at the BLB level.
              Last edited by Delandis; 10-18-2016, 07:00 PM.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
              - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
              - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
              - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat

Lynch will make his BLB debut this week in relief. The 27-year-old will likely be up and down throughout the season as the Pilots plan to use a lot of different pitchers with Minor League Options.

Originally drafted in the expansion draft, Lynch has spent the past two years in Triple-A, posting modest numbers: 16-13, 4.15 ERA, 264 IP, 1.29 WHIP and 214 K.
                214 Ks is modest??
                Miami Sharks (BLB)

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)

Comment

• These guys debuted last season, but I didn't make a post so here we are:

The Bats welcomed two new starters to their lineup on Opening Day, as Dave Schneider and Zack Davenport took the field in LF and SS, respectively. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                  <o:p> </o:p>
                  Both were selected in the 2016 Draft, with Schneider going in the 2nd round (40th overall) while Davenport was selected in the 4th round (88th). <o:p></o:p>
                  Schneider has bounced on and off the Top 100 list since Draft Day and projects to have a solid bat in the corner OF. He hit his first BLB homerun against Carolina to open the season. Schneider was named a Bush League (A) All Star in 2017 and Lautering Union (AA) All Star in 2018. Here's hoping he makes several at the BLB level as well.<o:p></o:p>
                  Davenport has been less heralded than Schneider and doesn't rank as highly on any prospect list. But, he .359 in his last season as a North Carolina Tar Heel and has hit adequately at every level in the minors. Originally thought of as a 2B, Davenport has transitioned to SS, winning the Glove Wizard at that position in AAA in 2018.<o:p></o:p>
                  The rookies join two other members of the 2016 draft in Washington, Roger Villasenor and CJ Turnbow (2nd and 3rd place in 2018 New Brew voting).<o:p></o:p>
                  Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

• I'm kind of lazy right now. Probably has something to do with me only getting 2 hours of sleep in the last 24.

Nevertheless, the Bulldogs are promoting AT LEAST three new pitchers this season.

Dave Stukes (SP) was called up earlier this year and has performed above expectations. With a 1.17 ERA and a WHIP south of 1.00, a case can be made that he's been the best pitcher on the team so far this season.

Jerrod Blick (SP) is our highest rated prospect and the 22 year and 2 day old kid, will be making his BLB debut next week. Our scouting staff said that he was ready last year while he was still in Orlando (A), but we gave him a little more time and now it is time to sink or swim.

Dave Sloper (SP) is our third mentionable call up on the pitching staff and has the potential to be the best 10th round pick I've ever made. At just 21, our staff thinks he could be a solid #3 or #4 but he'll start out in the pen to see what he can do there first.
                    Last edited by Delandis; 12-02-2016, 05:10 PM.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
                    - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
                    - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
                    - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

• With three outfielders currently on cold streaks, the Pilots call up OF Erik Hines. This marks the first amateur drafted player to debut for the Seattle franchise. Hines, originally selected 2.1 (27th) in the 2017 Draft will start almost immediately.

I have second guessed this pick often. I went back and forth between Hines and two other prospects, 1B Joey Wals and RP Robby Hurd, who both went soon after in the round and both debuted on the Top 100. Hines has never been on the BLB Top 100 list and currently ranks just 181st. However, he has performed well throughout his minor league career.

A Triple-A 2019 All-Star after hitting .311 with a .847 OPS and 8 stolen bases in 53 games. His speed will be a nice addition to a Pilots team with only 6 SBs on the entire season.

Comment

• The #1 pick in the 2017 draft will be making his BLB debut this week. 'Blueprint' had a good spring training as a non roster invitee and has continued to perform well in AAA, going 7-2 with a 2.53 ERA so far this season.

Our scouts think he has room for improvement but he's developed as much as he can in AAA and is ready to face tougher competition.
                        Last edited by Andrew; 12-06-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew View Post

The #1 pick in the 2017 draft will be making his BLB debut this week. 'Blueprint' had a good spring training as a non roster invitee and has continued to perform well in AAA, going 7-2 with a 2.53 ERA so far this season.

Our scouts think he has room for improvement but he's developed as much as he can in AAA and is ready to face tougher competition.

Wow, you're going to use him as an outfielder? You weren't kidding about tougher competition!
                          Maine Guides
                          General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
                          Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
                          Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
                          Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
                          8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
                          30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

• Frizzell on some Shohei Otani shit

Comment

Wow, you're going to use him as an outfielder? You weren't kidding about tougher competition!
                              He's already mastered the art of pitching so is looking for new challenges.

Comment

He's still trying to get that #1 pick in 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X