X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget from my experience is:

1. Winning consistently
    2. Setting season ticket prices to maximize attendance vs cost of ticket
    3. Adjusting ticket prices throughout the season to get as many butts in the seats at the highest price
    4. Adding seats to max your capacity at 45,000
    5. Don’t crash you W-L or the fan interest you do have it impacts your merchandise number
    6. Carryover cash reserve is important. You can use it for anything in your budget
    7. Debt eats up everything in future seasons
    Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
    Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
    IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
    Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
    Last Call '08 (Manning)
    New Brew '08 (Pulido)
    Desert Legends
    #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post

As mentioned by Matt, there's 7 teams with "Huge" Markets, and then Batavia at astronomical. The majority of the league has "Good" fan loyalty, with Maine being the only one at Very Good. I'm just failing to see where Washington has some distinct advantage in terms of financials. For all of my ability to "print money", my budget is just $2 million higher than Maine and Seattle. It wasn't that long ago that I wasn't even first in the league in budget, Batavia was slightly ahead, iirc. My budget hasn't increased in several years, despite growing revenue. Obviously I inherited a good team, but I don't believe that there's anything special about Washington that the game favors.

If we want to discuss options to ensure new owners don't inherit some kind of hopeless situation, or if there's significant belief that our markets and fan interest need to be "corrected", I guess that's a different conversation. No one wants to sign up to be the Pirates of the BLB, I would guess.
      I personally don't have an issue with any of the bigger markets being big markets. That's definitely a result of good management in all areas. Those teams should be rewarded for that.

I do think it's silly that Windy City and New Orleans are even in the same conversation as Denver. But it's also very possible they are closer to Big than Denver is, however way the game bumps up the markets.
      Denver Bulls

Comment

Wow, Batavia only had a population of almost 15,500 back in 2010. Real number, obviously. They are like Green Bay of the BLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          1. I thought you said "Pirates in the BLB" and I was going to cry.

2. Hank constantly drinks too many Smirnoff's and gets on the PA system and tells his fans they are stupid.

Brewers League Baseball
          General Manager, Montreal Exports, 2009-Present
          2015 Brewmasters Cup (+1 over Indy)

Brewers League Hockey
          General Manager, Dallas Generals

Comment

Working...
          X